Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray-Ban sunglasses and the lens logo

Hi
    Do anybody know when the Ray-Ban company started to print their Logo on the front of the lenses.

When I was young in the 80's Ray-Ban glasses were very popular but I can not remember any logo on the lenses like today.

I also got two pairs of old ray-bans which I am pretty sure are genuine. They dont have the "Ray-Ban" written on the front but they have B&L etched into the glass. They are also stamped with Ray-Ban U.S.A.+ numbers on the bridge and arms

Do anybody know when they started printing this little logo on the lens?

Thanks
    Kts

Ray Ban

Originally posted by kts View Post
    Hi
    They dont have the "Ray-Ban" written on the front but they have B&L etched into the glass. They are also stamped with Ray-Ban U.S.A.+ numbers on the bridge and arms

Those must be the old gold filled aviator shape frames. Best sunglasses at their time 1940'sto 1960's. The numbers 12 or 10K karat gold filled.

They must have started to stamp them when B&L got out of the frame and lens business and somebody else to over the brand.

Comment

When we first started to contract manufacture Ray Ban's for B&L in 1987, the lens logo was already there. The B&L logo was sand blasted onto the lens. So it must be before that.......

I wonder if there are still people who used to work in B&L Frame Center in Rochester still in the industry, besides myself?

Lak Cheong
      www.acuityeyewear.com

Comment

I have some lenses for the Wayfarer, that I know I've had since the mid 80's when we sold a ton of the Wayfarer. They have the etching but not the logo.

Comment

Originally posted by kts View Post
          Hi

They are also stamped with Ray-Ban U.S.A.+ numbers on the bridge and arms

Kts
          They must be the old ones. The new ones don't have any arms.

J/k:hammer:

Comment

Bausch & Lomb sold the rights of Rayban to Luxottica. That was about 5 yrs ago. That is when they switched from B&L to Rayban on the lens

Comment

My circa 1981 red Wayfarers have the etching B&L on the lens. I think I may wear these again this summer.

Comment

I just located a pair of Large metal G-15 lenses that have the B&L etching and the RayBan logo. I know I've had these since the late 80's. So B&L started it before Luxottica.

Comment

The B&L Logo was used for the first couple of years after Luxottica bought them. Then they switch to Ray-ban.

Comment

Ray Ban S/G

in the year of 2000 Luxottica start to manufactor the Ray Ban glasses, in that year they start to print the Ray Ban name on the lens and they change the logo from BL (Boush & Lomp) to RB;)

Comment

Working...
                    X