Thread: aggrevating CL patients

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist

aggrevating CL patients

Why is it when you get a patient who hasn't worn CLs in 15 years, and now they need a toric lens, that they call you up on the weekend to tell you that the lens is too large, so they need to be refit. (never mind the fact that they are 20/20 in a stable lens!). Best part is, she was "looking at pictures of herself 15 years ago and couldn't see the lens, but she can now." Those must have been some pretty fantastic pictures to be able to see the lens edge!!! 0.2 mm difference and patients who can barely even see the lens to begin with are telling me that it can't possibly be the right lens for them. Over 100 hours of contact lens education verses their measly 15 minutes of contact lens experience and suddenly they must know more than I do!!! ARRRGGHH!!!!
    And to top it all off, I get reamed out for somebody else not meeting their weekly goals, because I only had one doctor in on a Sunday. Excuse us for going to Vision Expo to purchase new equipment to build up the practice!! And they had to the nerve to tell that doctor not to take a lunch!!!
    People are stupid!!!
    (I do apoligize to any one who just wasted 30 seconds of their time reading my rant, but it made me feel better!)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by scograd View Post
    (I do apoligize to any one who just wasted 30 seconds of their time reading my rant, but it made me feel better!)

That's why we're here.

I hope you feel better!

:cheers:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Wow that is a ling time with out CL. The onle CLs were probly hard and came in bc and diameters. Hell the new lens only come in 2 sizes/ curves

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You people with sales goals, quotas, places so rude that the doctor can be told not to take lunch, and only 100 hours of contact lens training (which appearently didn't include instruction on taking a history) scare me.

Chip

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Yeah, I know you're long past this rant but I feel for you. We all have those contact lens monsters who feel that by virtue of being a contact lens wearer, they are fully qualified to self-diagnose. I have one who feels that the +0.50 monovision add the OD prescribed was the reason she fell and hit her cheek on her bedside nightstand. Then the new +0.25 add gave her a subconjunctival hemorrhage. I dread hearing her voice on the phone...

And telling someone not to have a lunch, whether it's an OD or staff, is just plain inconsiderate and rude.:angry:

Thread Information