Nevada State license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevada State license

How complicated would it be for me to get a nevada state license if I wanted to move there?
    I have both CA licenses and ABO/ncle, plus about 5 years experience....

at costco I would make ELEVEN MORE dollars an hour there than in california!

Anybody have any info? I looked at their website but if anyone knows first hand that would be great :cheers:

Originally posted by SarahMP584 View Post

at costco I would make ELEVEN MORE dollars an hour there than in california!

:drop:

Comment

I wonder if they'd hire me ??

Comment

It was only $6 four years ago. I saw that in our new employee handbook and was like.... .
        If you move there I will go with you!

I have heard the state licensing is pretty high though, and I don't think you can just transfer your licenses into a state license.
        Anyone here from NV??
        sigpic
        JUST PLAIN GOOFY!
        http://www.myspace.com/net72772

Comment

you can find all the info you need there
          1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
          1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
          1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Comment

Harry....you always have the answers. You are like my own little jedi.
            Thanks!!;)
            sigpic
            JUST PLAIN GOOFY!
            http://www.myspace.com/net72772

Comment

nevada licence

I think they used to grandfather over licenses years ago / i don't think currently they do ---i'm sure they would look at it but most likely you would have to take the state exam. the license is 350.oo a year to keep up and well worth it considering pay at wal -mart starts at $28.00 and hour.

Comment

website

Comment

You must have ABO, NCLE, Career Progression, and both CL Manuals completed, along with 3 years apprenticeship (of which I believe 1 must be in Nevada). Then you can take the state board. The exam includes a written and a practical. Expect to demonstrate use of the keretometer (on a board member), slit lamp (on a board member), radiuscope, etc. After licensure, the CE requirements include on-site classes. You cannot do them all by mail-in courses.

Yes, compensation is higher, much higher.

CCSN offers an associate's degree in opticianry. Excellent program! I highly reccomend it. Please PM me to let me know where you are trying to go. Good luck, and welcome to Nevada!

Comment

Thanks victor! It will be a while...My husband and I are considering it after I have my baby in october...I really just want to get out of California!!

Comment

Sarcasm mode = ON

Originally posted by SarahMP584 View Post
                      I really just want to get out of California!!

Really? I heard that California is perfect, and that the real estate prices are very reasonable ;) !

Best of Luck!!

Comment

Haha

I was waiting to see how many Costco people would be trying to find out what the deal is in NV! I just didn't want to be the first one to ask.
                        William Walker

Associates in Science in Opticianry
                        Associates in Science in Optical Business Management
                        Licensed Dispensing Optician
                        Board Certified
                        Certified Paraoptometric Assistant
                        American Board of Opticianry Advanced Certified
                        National Contact Lens Examiners Certified

Next Goal: ABOM

Optician with Lenscrafters in Jacksonville, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
                          Really? I heard that California is perfect, and that the real estate prices are very reasonable ;) !

Best of Luck!!
                          yes, the prices are great here, especially the coast. You can buy a great 3 bedroom fixer-upper for a mere $500K.

Comment

Originally posted by William Walker View Post
                            I was waiting to see how many Costco people would be trying to find out what the deal is in NV! I just didn't want to be the first one to ask.
                            I worked a Costco, Sam's Club, and then Eyemasters as manager in AZ. As a licenced optician I pulled appx. $50k / year (+bonus). In AZ, each store must have one full time license. The license does not have to be on site at all times.

In Nevada, each dispensary must have a license on site in order to do any dispensing. AND that license may only have two apprentices dispensing under him/her. If a store needs more dispensers, they must hire another license. Thus, artificial demand for licenses. Thus, higher pay for licenses.

As a business owner, I invite all newcomers to get licenses so that the market will simmer down and I can actually afford a payroll. If we could get 20 or thirty of you guys over here, perhaps rates would drop to a more reasonable level.

Comment

Am I not understanding this?

Originally posted by victor View Post
                              If we could get 20 or thirty of you guys over here, perhaps rates would drop to a more reasonable level.

I may be misunderstanding this. Please correct if I am wrong.

Are you suggesting that Opticians are not worth the pay they are getting and you are advocating they make less? You are an Optician, right?

I guess this is sort of funny. When someone else is paying your way, you want top dollar, but, when you are footing the bill, you want to cheap out. Sounds like most business owners I have dealt with.

Comment

Working...
                              X