Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for Edger

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

looking for Edger

I am looking for a Edger!! Must be a newer model in excellent shape. I am interested in a Weco 430 or 450, Nidek and Santenalli etc. I am not interested in any Essilor edgers AT ALL!!!! If you yhink you have something I might like let me know!!

-T

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Accura CX Pro Edger

I am closing my optical business and have a patternless Accura CX Pro
    Edger that is four years old which I would like to sell. It is good condition and has been maintained by a trained service provider. I am asking $16,000 plus shipping. I would be good if it was picked up since it is quite heavy. I have pictures if you are interested.

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Troy,
    I would love to take a trip to Canada. Take a look in my ebay store to get an idea on what we have for patternless edgers. We give free training and installation and include a parts and labor warrantee and lifetime tech support. Shipping will be a little more since its out of the country but it is well worth it.
    :cheers:
    www.stores.ebay.com/OptiForum
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Santinelli 9000 SX

I have an edger that was used for less than 150 jobs. I will sell it for 19,500. I bought it for 28,500. This is a huge loss for me. I had to close a store that I owned for a short time.

Optiboard Professional Bill West's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I'll say it again...

you CANNOT justify a 25k to 30k edger in a small single optical shop. When opening spend the $$$$ where it will generate cash flow.:finger:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Hi Bill

What kind of post is that? Trying to make me feel bad. What was the point? I had my reasons. And, the only reason things went wrong was Sept. 11th. So, please let me know why you didn't keep your comments to yourself.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Meant no harm

Quote Originally Posted by eyeprofessional View Post
    What kind of post is that? Trying to make me feel bad. What was the point? I had my reasons. And, the only reason things went wrong was Sept. 11th. So, please let me know why you didn't keep your comments to yourself.
    I been saying that long before you ever owned an edger. I just don't understand how people can justify doing this.
    The craze for one hour service is over. Even if it was not there is way more money to be made selling eyeglasses than edging them.

I have yet to be proved wrong in this. The math does not work.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unhappy Okay

Please just don't make things personal. You don't know me. And, your opinion, is just that. Did it make you feel good to say it? I hope so, because I am sure it didn't make anyone else feel that great.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Second thought

Looks to me like you don't need anybody to make you feel bad. Why have you kept it around that long after 9/11, looks to me like you could recover in that amount of time. Funny thing I did'nt feel any bad effects from it but then I was selling not edging.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Please reserve your comments to me

Please don't respond to any of my posts.

Thank you.:finger:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Not personal....

Please just don't make things personal. You don't know me. And, your opinion, is just that. Did it make you feel good to say it? I hope so, because I am sure it didn't make anyone else feel that great.

...you can find that same remark on several post I already had on here. I try not to attack anyone unless attacked.

Exception: Politicians such as a man who would dare run for president of this country with a Muslim name, talk about brass, and how about the disrespect to our troops. I say no more.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

have 450 for sale

I have a weco 450 with drill, in new condition last of the demos before the 455 came out.
    ----->>> ok so I spent $48,000 on a new system over five years leasing the edger saved me 36,000 per year less $10,000 a year lease that nets 26,000 on the plus side per year<<<-----
    I liked it so much bought another one for 25,000 cash edger only as a back up my original system is still going strong :)
    The new 950 weco are only available in the USA under the satisloh name and are back-ordered for 3 months at $42,000 and as the dollar continues to freefall against the euro the price will continue to rise "yes I got to have at least one" but need to sell my second 450 first if interested call (562) 698-0931 ask for RAY or leave a message to call you back
    also my e-mail is raysoptical@msn.com

---had this one for a year getting ready to sell it the manufacturer is now uploading new softwear upgrades and calibrating to 100% new come with 6 months warranty in canada or any part of the USA this means any parts and labor are covered by me and only by a weco certified technician if you know weco quality none of this will be necessary but just in case it is there as a piece of mine to you let me know if interested thank you---

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Still the same....

answer. This will not be good for small store. Ray is edging no less than 10 a day 5 days a week 52 weeks a year for his numbers to work. That also does not include the time to do the work, ie. labor. So the net is not as good as he says. If he is "saving 100 dollars a day, I can sell one extra pair of titanium frames and a pair of clear cr39 progressives and net $285 do it twice and blow this edging thing away.:cheers:
    Instead of working that much I take the extra cash and travel. $285 a day 4 days a week = 1140 week.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill West View Post
    I can sell one extra pair of titanium frames and a pair of clear cr39 progressives and net $285 do it twice and blow this edging thing away.:cheers:
    Instead of working that much I take the extra cash and travel. $285 a day 4 days a week = 1140 week.
    And a guy that is doing his own edging can't do the same, and make even more?!?:hammer:

The profits from edging can be disputed, but only when talking small, one man operations. Any profitable shop can be even more profitable with an edger.

I take the extra cash and travel as well, and the extra profit from edging means I don't have to come back if I don't want to. (What we save in edging and the stock lens discounts easily covers payroll for 2 people, plus a lot more.) See you on the road!;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

King of the Road

Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    And a guy that is doing his own edging can't do the same, and make even more?!?:hammer:

The profits from edging can be disputed, but only when talking small, one man operations. Any profitable shop can be even more profitable with an edger.

I take the extra cash and travel as well, and the extra profit from edging means I don't have to come back if I don't want to. (What we save in edging and the stock lens discounts easily covers payroll for 2 people, plus a lot more.) See you on the road!;)
    I have been addressing people who want to start up. You cannot justify a 30k edger unless you are an OPTICAL MAGGOT like John.
    Did I spell that right?:cheers:

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been addressing people who want to start up. You cannot justify a 30k edger unless you are an OPTICAL MAGGOT like John.
    Did I spell that right?:cheers:
    No... you didn't!!

It's J-O-H-N-S ;) !!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Love this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    No... you didn't!!

It's J-O-H-N-S ;) !!
    YOU ARE THE MAN. Thanks for your sense of humor we need more people like you .
    Your clod hoppin buddy,
    Bill :D

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Edger

I have a Santinelli LE-7070 that will run everything but glass.
    It is in good working order.
    This is my 3rd Santinelli and have been very pleased with their service and support.
    Let me know if you would like more information.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

weco430

Are you still looking for an edger?
    We have a Weco 430 that we are nolonger using. If you are interested I will send you the details.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I have a great running Santinelli 7070 for sale. Complete with pump and bucket, frame tracer, blocker, de-blocker tool, and nearly new hand edger. It cuts plastic, poly and glass, the wheels are in great shape with only 27000 cuts. Let me know if you are interested.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Also looking for an Edger

I am using an old Essilor Profil Scan. I have had it for about 10 years and have cut over 20,000 jobs. It's still working but it's sounding like this edger is almost toast.

I am now looking for an edger that does an all in one BEVELING, GROOVING AND POLISHING. Also, an edger that will cut a small "B" measurement. (17mm)

The question i have for you experts out there is... "What edger is a good edger?"

If i spend this much, i sure as better get my money's worth. Any advice from people with first hand experience?

thanks in advance

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Morick View Post
    I am using an old Essilor Profil Scan. I have had it for about 10 years and have cut over 20,000 jobs. It's still working but it's sounding like this edger is almost toast.

I am now looking for an edger that does an all in one BEVELING, GROOVING AND POLISHING. Also, an edger that will cut a small "B" measurement. (17mm)

The question i have for you experts out there is... "What edger is a good edger?"

If i spend this much, i sure as better get my money's worth. Any advice from people with first hand experience?

thanks in advance
    Hi,

20,000 cuts is not very much, I have seen many of those edgers go well over 100,000. You may want to look in to fixing it.

For a new edger with the features you want, I would highly recommend the Santinelli 9000.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Santinelli-LE-90...QQcmdZViewItem
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticLabRat View Post
    Hi,

20,000 cuts is not very much, I have seen many of those edgers go well over 100,000. You may want to look in to fixing it.

For a new edger with the features you want, I would highly recommend the Santinelli 9000.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Santinelli-LE-90...QQcmdZViewItem

Heck, I even got over 200k cuts on my old AIT Destiny edger. Of course, that was before I got my $35K edger for my single-practice lab. $500/month was not too bad for a payment and now it's paid off.
    I suppose I COULD still use the Destiny(indeed I still use it, but just to crib thick lenses), but there's not a lot of stylish frames that have a B measurement of more than 30mm, which is the smallest it will cut.
    Anyone that has an outdated edger that will not cut today's small frames absolutely needs something current. And that is certainly justified.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Optometrist

2 year old AIT Practica

I have an AIT Practica for sale, asking $16,000 or best offer. Are you still looking?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Exception: Politicians such as a man who would dare run for president of this country with a Muslim name, talk about brass, and how about the disrespect to our troops. I say no more.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    Please dont say anything else ignorant,

First, I'm assuming you think "Barak" is a Muslim name, a few FYIs. It happens to be an Arabic name from the root word "Baraka" which means "blessing" it is neither Muslim, Christian or Jewish it just happens to be Arabic. Only 19% of the Muslims in the world happen to be Arab.

Muslim name or not, does not make him responsible in ANY way for 9-11 the same way the "Christian" KKK do not speak on your behalf.

I can sell one extra pair of titanium frames and a pair of clear cr39 progressives and net $285 do it twice and blow this edging thing away.

Secondly, I can make your CR-39 PAL Japanese Titanium pair for $12.00 and sell it for $489.00 all day long, my cost of goods are consistantly under 10%. My last big sale ($1785) was 7% COGS so dont insult someone for trying a different route then yourself, i personaly would consider myself a faliure @ $1140 a week.

Thread Information