Georgia Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Boards

Anyone have any tips on taking the GA state boards? I already have ABO, NC and Va licenses but they require that everyone takes the board and the NCLE. I was just looking for some insight... what to concentrate on etc. Thanks!!!

Neutralize, neutralize, neutralize

NCLE.... and keep your ABOC current. The practical consists of neutralizing 4 pair of glasses and being able to transfer the information to a scantron sheet. I say that, because unfortunately, we may feel neutralization is easy, but I see people do it incorrectly every day. Correctly measure, A, B, and ED (not wrapping the ruler around the front of a 10 BC lens). Use calipers, and lens clock. Determine MRP, decentration, determine prism, etc. You know the stuff that we do every day, or should be doing...

Sounds simple but way under 50% taking the practical pass.

Hope this helps.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Thanks! Is it only neut? Are there going to be any crazy formulas or lenticulars that I should be prepared for?

Comment

Hope this helps

Go to this site for information on the test.

An exerpt...

D. DESCRIPTION OF THE EXAMINATION
        STATE PRACTICAL EXAMINATION -
        Candidates will have a total of 1 hour to
        neutralize four pairs of eye glasses. Each candidate must neutralize one pair of cataract
        glasses, one pair of multi- focal glasses, one pair of single vision glasses and one pair of
        progressive glasses to the nearest plus (+) or minus (
        -) .25 diopter.

Diane

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

Working...
        X