Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Vision Syndrome

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by dncaldw View Post
    Harry,
    I don’t understand why you are so mad. Have you done a search on line for computer glasses and see what comes up.?There are a lot of worse things out there than this. You seem to be going over the top over nothing. Why can’t he sell what ever he likes over the internet? Why does this hurt you? Oakley , Rayban a lot of companys that I buy from also sell there things over the internet, I still buy from them. They are far larger and could do more damage to your business than he can.
    I am not trying to start a fight with you. I am only asking a question.
    Dean
    Why can't I get my pain medication on-line? Because it's a "controlled substance". It's controlled because the government knows it takes more than someone saying I'm in pain to make it available on line if you can "fill out a form". It's my opinion that just because a business saavy person operating in a "grey area" can supply something on-line doesn't mean he should. Chris.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    The original prescribing doctor would be contacted. If he has a computer prescription from the original exam, we would go with that. If he doesn’t and refuses to give a computer prescription, I think that is a disservice to the patient. Why would a patient with CVS leave a doctor’s office without it being addressed? That would force the consumer to return for another visit and spend more money. Yes, the doctor would have the option to sell the lenses himself. Our price is very competitive for the small independent provider.

This is about giving consumers options for CVS. That’s all I’m doing. If you don’t like it, move on.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeFitWell
    What in the world is this "Top Secret Progressive Fitting Formula?" (Harry's frames direct link) Could it be B/2+3?? There's no possible way that's working. Sure, maybe it comes close enough for him, but I'm sure that they are on average a few mm off.
    That's exactly the point, how are you going to use some sort of accurate algortihm to detremine the power and then offer it over the internet where their is no one there to measure for the client. Thats like putting a ferrari engine in a pinto.

Quote Originally Posted by dncaldw
    Ok that is your opinion on his formula. Here is mine, We live in a free country and he and others can sell what ever they like on the internet or in stores. It is just like people that don't like Wal-Mart, if you don't like them then don't shop there. But they have the right to be in business just like you do.
    I think you got upset because he came into your sandbox to play.
    Again just MY opinion.
    That kinda is a grey area that people are taking advantage of, in Virginia for example an optician must be licensed to dispense eyewear by selling the glasses online the internet retailer can ship a client a pair of glasses and not have a license. It would be like me offering to prescribe glasses with any old prescription I want to give you, but only if you don't live in my state because that's where the rules apply to me. I don't think that the online eyeglass mills are going to be around to much longer, there is just no accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by dncaldw
    I think you got upset because he came into your sandbox to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optiboard Posting Guidelines
    It is also all right to mention your product or service in response to another message. All I ask is that you do this without turning it into a major advertisement, and that you follow the previous point and identify your relationship to this product.
    And I didn't highlight the response part that is how it is listed in the guidelines. The poster has continually posted a thread that ends with his answer being his product. If you want the wool over you eyes that's your business, but I seem to enjoy coming here and when I have to read a thread to find out it is just a shameless plug for the persons product then yes it's a waste of my time and everyone elses, so I choose to give him a hard time untill he actually contributes something of interest other than shameless promotion and nonsense. This isn't the first example from this guy and like I said before he duped me as well.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Occupation
    I am curious out of those 8 years of research is that considered while in school or in practice? How many years have you practiced optometry?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by macularry
    It is especially useful with monovision contact lens patients. As long as the person using the program can enter the contact lens prescription and general prescription, it will give solid results every time.
    For a patient who is 55 years old, height of 61inches, with a distance of 24inches to the monitor

Rx:

OD -4.00 -1.00 170 add +1.75
    OS -3.75 -0.50 165 add +1.75

Your Crystal Lens Prescription
    Right Eye:-2.75 -1.00 170 add 0.00
    Left Eye:-2.50 -0.50 165 add 0.00

same patient one inch taller

Your Crystal Lens Prescription
    Right Eye:-2.75 -1.00 170 add 0.75
    Left Eye:-2.50 -0.50 165 add 0.75

Real solid ace, like I said snake oil.

Occupation
    Optometrist

What about 6'2"?

Now try same patient who is 74" or 6'2":

Dist Rx=-4.00DS ADD +1.75
    Monitor Distance=24"
    Age= 55

CrystalEyesRX.COM prescription=

-3.125DS

Add=.875

Is this not what you would use?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No.

Occupation
    Now try same patient who is 74" or 6'2":

Dist Rx=-4.00DS ADD +1.75
    Monitor Distance=24"
    Age= 55

CrystalEyesRX.COM prescription=

-3.125DS

Add=.875

Is this not what you would use?
    Oh, I was confused your saying that your calculator does not apply to short people.:hammer: I'm sorry I'll tell that client that they can't have a computer Rx, they are too short for the calculator. It's already makeing my practice look good. :finger: The funny thing is that was only the 2nd Rx I tried in your calculator.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    No, the counter says 6 wise guy. So tell me, why did you register under the name Mark Havner?

So tell me what the correct answer is Harry?

Occupation
    No, the counter says 6 wise guy. So tell me, why did you register under the name Mark Havner?
    I didn't register, it is a friend I know that I told about the site and he registered and gave me the information. I had an account on your site and asked you to delete it for me when I found out your goal was to fleece people online.

So tell me what the correct answer is Harry?
    Come to my office in Baltimore, MD and I will fit you in a computer lens. Or use the formulas I laid out for you. I also don't think that your age based assumption on amplitude are accurate, in our office we use science to determine amplitude not age. The best way to determine amplitude is not by age, but by positive and negative relative accomadation once this is acomplished in the office (doctors not mine) the add is computed as follows.

Add = (1/working distance) - (1/2*amplitude)
    -or-
    Add = (1/working distance) - (2/3*amplitude)

Depending how you as a doctor prescribe you would leave some amplitude in reserve. From here you would use the previously laid out formulas to compensate for the working distace.

I am also going to let my friend know about how you collect data on your website and irresponsibly relay that information on a public forum. Good thing he was doing me a favor and not actually relaying patient information. If we can quid pro quo here, answer my question:

When did your 8 years of research start? And was part of that while you were still in school or was the entire research done whie practicing optometry?
    Last edited by HarryChiling; 01-20-2007 at 12:04 AM.

Thread Information