Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: optiboard project cont. (time to pony up)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

donations

Dave , you will also want to make sure how you are going to get this equipment and supplies to these countries without it being stolen in customs. I in my trading card business dont even bother anymore with foreign shipments, too much hassle, now Doc in china and jerry huang have extensive experience in this field and you may want to contact them first

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesnns View Post
    I have two lensometers, All are in perfect working order.

PM me about the lensometers.

Thank you !!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nelson View Post
    I asked Steve to sticky the thread, partly so its in everyone's face, and partly to keep it as a "master thread" so other threads like this one) can be started on related subjects without making the main thread to long and convoluted. There has been some more attention paid to third world eyecare again, so I have another proposal. A colleague of mine, a former instructor with a local College's Ophthalmic Dispensing program, returned from an Opticianry school in Cuba. He reported that the school was so short on texts and equipment it was a miracle they were able to learn at all. In keeping with recent discussions about the need for sustainable eyecare in developing nations, and the emphasis on training nationals, I propose we find a school, or schools, that already exist in developing countries, round up tools, texts, equipment, and any other related materials, and send them to these institutions. I know optiboarders have TONS of stuff that would be appreciated by some of these schools, and I only ask any donations be serviceable, and in good working order. Cost of shipping can be a major problem, but let's see if we can round up some stuff, and find a suitable school.
    I'll start the ball off with a really nice lensometer, not a B&L 70, but similar to it, in good working order. ( Cost of shipping ) Anyone know of a deserving optician school?
    Nice initiative you have here. Congrats. I'm curious..which was the result? Because i think that any power point useful presentation or documentation it would be useful to enrich the knowledges for the people in these countries.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    I asked Steve to sticky the thread, partly so its in everyone's face, and partly to keep it as a "master thread" so other threads like this one) can be started on related subjects without making the main thread to long and convoluted. There has been some more attention paid to third world eyecare again, so I have another proposal. A colleague of mine, a former instructor with a local College's Ophthalmic Dispensing program, returned from an Opticianry school in Cuba. He reported that the school was so short on texts and equipment it was a miracle they were able to learn at all. In keeping with recent discussions about the need for sustainable eyecare in developing nations, and the emphasis on training nationals, I propose we find a school, or schools, that already exist in developing countries, round up tools, texts, equipment, and any other related materials, and send them to these institutions. I know optiboarders have TONS of stuff that would be appreciated by some of these schools, and I only ask any donations be serviceable, and in good working order. Cost of shipping can be a major problem, but let's see if we can round up some stuff, and find a suitable school.
    I'll start the ball off with a really nice lensometer, not a B&L 70, but similar to it, in good working order. ( Cost of shipping ) Anyone know of a deserving optician school?
    I think you should make a donation campaign inhere. I want to belive that there are people who want to help, that have many things that they don't use and other need its. Everyone can make a human act.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Hello, what is heard about the initiative? how many people will be helped?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Which are the countries where you want to make happier schools?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Very Very Interesting Thread. Bumping it up again after a very long time.

India is a large market where eye care is often neglected. There are a dime a dozen organizations, eye care networks and hospitals that showcase interest, yet do a half baked job. Business is their primary interest, as usual as always.
    Of course there are some who genuinely do society orientated work, they get overshadowed by the large corporate giants. .

We contribute our share by filling in lenses for free for a children home here in my town. I use the old frames that the customers drop in and I fill the lenses.

If anyone is interested in contributing, not in terms of money, however in actively working in the rural areas and educating the need for better eye health and doing vision screening please drop me a message.

Setting up an opticianry school is one my idea for a very long time now. This way we can offer employment guarantee and give them a chance for a better life and at the same time fill in jobs for industry. I also have a recruitment business for the Asian and Middle East markets and the market always needs more manpower.
    Last edited by beejay; 09-01-2015 at 01:00 AM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Bumping up the thread again.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    We've recently given a local college a free copy of our Practice Management Software, and we'd be happy to do the same as part of this wonderful initiative. We also have relationships with sponsors who might be interested in supporting by donating equipment including barcode scanners, label printers and PC's. If interested, let me know.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation

Personal Tax Deduction and Equuipment Available

David,

I can assist with any Donations as I am a Medical Appraiser.
    My Certification is from the American Surgical Trade Association/HIDA.
    I will also try to channel Optical and Ophthalmology.
    Equipment to your Organization. What is the name of it?
    Do you still need a Lensometer?
    Request other equipment you need.

Below are Services Medical Equipment Resale, Inc. provides.

Medical Equipment Resale, Inc.is interested in any Used Optical/Ophthalmology or Med-Surg Equipment you have available in your Clinics.
    Also, when you are looking for New Equipment, Call Us. We have liquidation equipment available from clinics that have closed in New Condition up to 50% savings.

Here is the IRS 8283 Non Cash Charitable Form.
    https://www.irs.gov/uac/about-form-8283

MEDICAL EQUIPMENT RESALE, INC.
    7650 Cooley Lake Rd. No.750
    Union Lake, Michigan 48387
    248.982.5815.irahar11@comcast.net

Medical Equipment Resale,Inc. Buys, Sells Brokers, Repairs, and Appraises all Types of Ophthalmology, Optical and Medical Equipment.
    Periodically available in the Optical/Ophthalmology field are Slit Lamps,Tonometers, Phoropers,Keratometers, Lensometers/Autorefractors, Tomographers, Topagraphers, Visual Field Analyzers, Lasers, Edgers, Complete Lanes of Equipment,and Medical Surgical Equipment, etc.
    However, please specify whatever Medical Equipment you currently need or want to sell in the future.

I am Certified as a Surgical Consultant via the American Surgical Trade Association/HIDA, have been in the Previously Owned medical equipment business for 36 years, and Appraise Physician's Equipment for Tax Donations. If you have any Donation Equipment available, I will help facilitate your donation.
    I will provide an Appraisal of your Equipment and complete your IRS 8283 Non Cash Contribution form. Cost of shipping can also be used as a deduction. If you are not not willing to pay for shipping in many cases the Donation Agency will absorb the cost. Also, Appraisal Costs can be deducted.
    If have you already depreciated the Equipment then,the Owner can take a personal deduction.
    This is usually 25-40% of the Appraised Value of the Equipment depending on the Doctor's Tax bracket.
    A Biomedical Inspection Report will be required for all Equipment donated from the Donor, to insure that the Donation Equipment received is in good working order.

For New Purchases please inquire because available is Equipment from Dr's and Clinics that have closed in just a matter of 1-2 years! So, this can provide New Type of Equipment at tremendous cost savings up to 50 %. Leasing is also available.

Hope I can assist your soon.

Respectfully Submitted,

Ira H. Rubin
    Certified Surgical Consultant
    Medical Equipment Resale,Inc.

Thread Information