Thread: Vision Service Plan & DVI

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Vision Service Plan & DVI

Hey, all...

I have an annoying problem with our company's VSP orders getting delivered to the proper store location. Our practice has five optical locations, and our doctors do not practice in any one particular location. We are VSP providers and we order our stuff via Eyefinity's website. Each store location has their own username and password to order with.

Our supplying labs (Soderberg and Walman) tell me that Eyefinity (or vsp) assigns each doctor an ID number, and this number is tied to a certain shipping location which matches up with information in the Soderberg / Walman DVI system. So when their DVI system spits out an account number to ship it to, it is based upon this ID number. This seems to be the pattern from what I can see. The monkey

However, I have two Soderberg VSP contract lab orders print-outs from another practice that has 3 locations with doctors going from location to location, and they do not experience the same problem we do. Their setup is identical to ours and each location has a different username and password with eyefinity. On these VSP contract lab orders, we have the SAME doctor, SAME ID number, but their DVI system spit out a different account number, and the account numbers match the location the order SHOULD be sent to. It is not based upon the Doctor's

There are bandaid solutions such as just including a post-it note with the order specifying the delivery location when sending it in, but at our volume this does pose a problem while trying to keep everything straight and multi-tasking, etc and then human error, post-it note loss, etc and the whole process just gets old.

Also, these VSP Contract Lab orders do show the appropriate shipping and service address right next to the ID number, but these print-outs have been eliminated in efforts to go paperless. This address is based on the store location's username to log into eyefinity.

If there's any extra clarification I need to express, just let me know. I think I have it covered pretty well. I just got done talking with Walman's tech support people regarding it, and they were unable to help me. I keep getting different answers to my questions and different solutions. We cannot possibly be the only practice in the country who has this problem. The thing that bothers me is that this other practice's VSP stuff goes through smoothly without a hitch, but ours does not. I am hoping to reach someone who deals with this stuff to get some technical insight on it, so I can lay the law and get the computer program set up and working right.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We only had two locations but still had mix ups on occasion. Since we had to wrap the frame in the packing slip anyway we would use a sharpie to define the store location in large letters on the slip. It seemed to help since the packing slip came back to us with the finished job. I don't know about assigned Dr. numbers. When I call to check on a VSP job I just say "hi it's Deb from Eyeball Eyecare checking on a VSP job." They ask for the authorization number and that seems to be how they are listed in the system.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Yea, that is what we do, too. All we have to tell them is who we are, customer's name, and that it is a VSP order and they're always able to help us out like that, too. Do you order via eyefinity also? Do you know what computer system the lab(s) use? I'm just a pump for information. =D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Vsp

I am just guessing but maybe you are not ordering correctly or have not set up correctly the provider part in Eyefinity. The provider for the glasses would have to be the optical location and that would be a fixed location. However, the provider for the exam is the Dr and if the Dr is tied in Eyefinity to a specific location you could have a problem with billing an exam and glasses job using Dr X as the provider and he is tied to Location Y. The order would be sent to location Y instead of your location. Just a thought.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use eyefinity as well and have two locations. Of course we use smaller labs, but we have never had a switch up on our VSP jobs... Same doc does exams at both locations.

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would approach Walman/Soderberg again and plead my case. They should be able to figure this mess out. I would suggest that "IF" they do not get it straight.......maybe another lab may? I am not computer savvy at all, but, it seems like there should be a real remedy in this mess. Good luck. Please keep us posted!

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    At the office where I used to work in Massachusetts, we had two locations and our VSP lab (Luzerne Optical in Wilkes-Barre, PA) assigned a "sub-account" number to our account number with them (one office had "00" added to the account number, the other "99"). We had to specify which office the job was coming from in the "additional information" box on the job order page on Eyefinity. It worked just fine.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Thread Information