I have a patient that picked up her glasses in June. She had some trouble with the frame sliding and the pads being "too hard" to I put her in a pair of silicone pads.

4 months later she come in, complains her nose hurts, the pads are digging in, and she can't stand them.

Another associate adjusts the frame and she says it is better. Comes in a week later complaining that it really isn't better and the pads are hurting her.

Other associate thought maybe the silicone was "gripping" too much, and put her in acetate... again she complains they are too hard.

We have put her in Vylon, and lately the Biofeel cushioned pads. Three of us have adjusted her frames, and the nose pads just gently lay on the nose...whole pad front is flush against the nose.

She normally points to her right side when she complains. Last time I noticed there was a red spot and asked her if maybe a blemish or sore is causing a problem, since any weight on the sore spot would make it feel worse. She claims that this isn't possible, and the spot is caused by the nose pads. I adjusted them so the pressure would be in a different spot, and she just called saying that she can't wear the glasses cause it hurts.

I told her we would try a strap bridge and see if it helps to distribute the weight more across the entire bridge of the nose.

What else am I missing here? I have never had someone have a problem with multiple types of pads or my adjusting of them....

Cassandra