Thread: SAT PracticeTest

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

SAT PracticeTest

I would like to get feedback on SAT Test Prep website, www.satprepplan.com. The most interesting part about the site is the custom study plan creation tool. It works like this: students take the SAT practice test and then a custom prep plan is created for them based on their strengths, weaknesses, times to study, and time until the test. SAT Prep Plan also includes a bunch of practice problems, problem solving videos, SAT vocabulary, tips and other prep materials. Any feedback about the site I can get would be great.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    You might want to ask this question in another forum since this one is based on eyecare professinals.

on topic, i would not know about that site.

Try taking a Kaplan course, I had a few friends take it and it worked out great for them.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Maybe the poster has researched and found those in the optical profession used to have the highest SAT scores on average. :cheers:

From the looks of it, the customized prep plan seems to be based on your initial test scores to derive a prep plan. This could be dangerous because many factors affect test results and subsequently, they may highlight your strengths and weakness errorneously. I would not solely depend on a single practice program but rather at least two different service providers but that's just me.

I thought I did commendably for my SATs back then and the one book that helped was "Boot Camp for your Brain" by Denmark Manning.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Marketing post?

Ummm, soon as I started reading this I got the impression I was being 'sold' something. Me suspectin' this is a 'gentler' way of somebody marketing something on OptiBoard.

I could be wrong, but.....................being in sales, I can usually sniff out a 'seller'.

Thread Information