Thread: Free Form Rimless Frame=Acuity Optical USA, INC.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Post Free Form Rimless Frame=Acuity Optical USA, INC.

I am reviewing a Rimlees drilled frame that was offered to the Optiboard Members to review by a frame importer / manufacturer. This frame was from Acuity Optical USA, INC from the Free Form Rimless Eyewear Collection. I have not and will not receive any financial compensation from this review, other than the sample frame itself. Acuity Optical USA, INC. was kind enough to send me the frame at no charge.

OptiBoard User Name: Fezz
    Date of Review: September 19, 2006
    Product Name: Free Form Rimless Eyewear(product tested=Free Form RBT202-Matte Copper)
    Product Vendor and/or Distributor: Acuity Optical USA, INC.
    Vendor website: http:www.acuityeyewear.com or 1-480-784-9797
    Rating: 5 stars = Excellent
    4 stars = Good
    3 stars = Acceptable
    2 stars = Not good
    1 star = Poor
    0 stars = Not recommended
    Quality: **** (4)
    Ease of use: ****(4)
    Client acceptance (if applicable):***(3)
    Customer service of the manufacturer or distributor: *****(5)
    Value: ****(4)
    Overall:****(4)
    Review:

I am pleased with the quality of this rimless frame. It is a Beta/Titanium rimless drilled mount type frame. It works on the compression type mounting system that was popularized by Silhouette. My sample came in a matte brown, very basic, easy to sell, rounded edge, rectangle shape(similiar to the 7410 Silhouette shape). This is a fully hinged model. It has a screw at the temple/endpiece junction. The "sleeve" or lens "insert" is a very good match to what we have come to respect from Silhouette. I feel that this product reaches a very good level of quality, value, and style for the price demanded by the manufacturer. Overall, I would reccomend this product to the optical professional who is looking to supplement their frame boards with this popular style of eyewear.
    ******I must add.....I did not mount the lenses into this frame. I can not speak of the ease of use or assembly of this product****

Would you purchase this product or other products from this company based on your experience with this product?

I would highly reccomend this product to the optical practice that may be looking to add a highly attractive alternative to the overcrowded rimless frame offerings in their practice. I believe that the fact that these frames are a Beta Titanium and not a Stainless Steel or Monel metal offering may give a practice a competitive edge when dealing with a Rimless type frame sale. I have worked with other "generic" type rimless mountings that were Stainless Steel that have been very disappointing(M+ by MODO) as one example. This frame line far exceeds that level of frame, without much more capital outlay.

I would like to thank those at Acuity Optical USA, INC. for offering there fine line of frames to be reviewed by us here at Optiboard. Andagain, I am in no way compensated or profitting from the above review.

Fezz
    :cheers:
    Last edited by Fezz; 02-05-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Grammar gufaw

Thread Information