Did you heard about "NIMO", a new generation of Mapper from Lambda-X company (Belgum)? http://www.lambda-x.com/Default.asp?SHORTCUT=30

it is a realy usefull instrument
1- for everybody who use the technology of Cut To Soft Polish.
2- You definitely need it if you are making FreeForm

The big advantage of this technology is to give you in 1 000 000 points the power mesurement of an area of 43µm*43µm. (within 8s)

You will ask me if such a mesurement make sens (ISO tolerence needs 3 points of control on a progresive lens)! My answer is yes (of couse) because it mean you can see all the details of your lens and anticipate all the degradation of your process (a diamond wear or missajusted, stress on one of the axis on a CNC machine, a polishing slurry problem...)
furthermore, if you want to control the desing of a freeform you need such an instrument

I am the Sales manager for this instrument, and the problem is that nobody knows us (yet) in the ophtalmic business
Fortunately, I have a pretty big experience in surfacing labs and i know how this instrument can help every day the production and how it can permit to increate the yeald of the lab,

I would be realy interested to discuss with technical person about this instrument so, if you are interested, you are welcome :-)