Thread: information

OptiBoard Novice
    I am two years in Auckland, New Zealand.
    Before coming to New Zealand I have been working as a Dispensing Optician for 9 years. I got a Dispensing Optician degree in 1991. Now I have intention to practice as a Dispensing Optician here as well. I already have a Registration pack from the Optician's Board. Usually registration for people having overseas diplomas takes a long time and carries a lot of complications. I also found something about training to be a Dispensing Optician, OTEN (the Open Training and Education Network). As I expect to have some exams anyway, and I was thinking that a new course may will be a better idea. In optical dispensing course I have attended in Croatia I passed all of the modules described in OTEN Course overview except one – Contact Lenses. Shortly, my doubt is to try to register or to start course all over again.
    I am very keen to practice as a Dispensing Optician again because that is a job I like most of all other jobs and while I was practicing it overseas I have been very good at it. It is also very important that I have an excellent sense working with customers and gratify theirs wishes.
    I hope somebody can give me some advice and may be suggest who I should contact next?
    Thanks a lot!

------------------

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Jasmina,
    Sorry for the delay in replying to this message, but I have been on the road. I look after the OTEN course you mentioned and am currently on my way to Auckland as I write this message. Please email me directly and I will give you all the details you need. Or reply to this message and I will contact you on my return to my office in a week's time.
    Regards
    David Wilson

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Jessmina: Contact the Contact Lens Society of America and The National Contact Lens examiners, also the Opticians Assn. Of America. I think they all have web pages, if you have trouble finding them. I have addresses, belong to two out of three and have E.Mail, etc. At the office. E.mail me if you need them. You can probably find links to them on one of Optiboards links.

All of these have correspondence courses, etc.

Thread Information