One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Eyesistant - Practice Management Software

Any reviews of this product?

Have any of you seen this product?

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I've seen it at a couple of trade shows. We were just starting to look into it when we finally fixed our issues with cfile.

Email them via their website and they will send you a trial version of the software (at least they would a year ago!) You can then play with it and see what you think.

And you'll be supporting a Canadian company! Woo!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ory View Post
    I've seen it at a couple of trade shows. We were just starting to look into it when we finally fixed our issues with cfile.

Email them via their website and they will send you a trial version of the software (at least they would a year ago!) You can then play with it and see what you think.

And you'll be supporting a Canadian company! Woo!

Yeah, I was just looking at a trial version. It does look nice. Most of these companies go after the fancy and forget about the need. Actually, I found it funny, because I just bought a laptop from Future Shop and their management machine was very DOS looking. Shows you that we do not need to be fancy.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation

Lightbulb Crystal Practice Management

If you are looking at practice management software I recommend you give Crystal Practice Management a glance. Crystal PM is the total software package that enables optometric offices to easily perform all essential practice management functions. Experience the easiest-to-use and most intuitive program available. www.crystalpm.com

Bad address email on file MedicLINK's Avatar
    Occupation
    Good day,
    We are regular readers of Optiboard here at MedicLINK, but have never posted, until now. :) But we are the company that designs and sells Eyesistant so we thought it would be appropriate to post a reply.

For-Life, I could not agree more that there are some very stable and reliable software programs in the market that are DOS-based. There are 2-3 that we use regularly at our office, simply because they perform better than newer, fancier software packages.
    But we were able to create Eyesistant because of a great mix of programmers, business people, eyecare professionals and graphic artists. After understanding what the eyecare professionals wanted, we combined that with ideas from business people on how to grow the business. After our technical people designed the software, we went to graphic artists who gave the software a new-age look and feel.

We welcome anyone that is interested in going computerized or considering upgrading their current system to visit our website, www.mediclink.ca or call us (888) 737-6779 and we will mail you a CD with a trial copy. If requested, we will even have one of our Systems Integrators call you and walk you through the software, outlining its features and advantages.

MedicLINK

Occupation
    Optometrist
    For-Life, did you try out the demo version of eyesistant, and what was your opinion? What did you finally settle on?

And has your laptop from Future Shop died yet? I swear, they must have the most defective products out there.:angry: I only buy CDs and DVDs from them now.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Ory View Post
    For-Life, did you try out the demo version of eyesistant, and what was your opinion? What did you finally settle on?

And has your laptop from Future Shop died yet? I swear, they must have the most defective products out there.:angry: I only buy CDs and DVDs from them now.

Well it is a Toshiba, so it works well. I was going to buy a Dell online, but I saw a Toshiba at Future Shop for $50 less, and I heard Toshiba's were much better.

As for the program, our computer guy is reviewing it right now.

Thread Information