Last week, I purchase my first pair of progressive lenses from LensCrafters. At the time I ordered them, I specifically asked for Transitions progressives. At the time I picked up my glasses, I didn't thoroughly examine the receipt, and now I wish I had. Here's what the receipt says:

0050000123 Lenses Reactint (Poly), Progressive - Illumina

After noticing that the lenses did not appear to perform even close to what Transitions advertises, I decided to go online to investigate the term "Illumina". Found out that Illumina appears to be a line of progressives from Vision-Ease.

To further help identify these, these lenses have little squares etched into the "glass" on both the outside and inside edges. In addition to that, on the outside edges under the little squares, there's the number 17 and on the inside edges (near the nose area) there's what appears to be sort of curvy "V" under the little squares. These are the same sort of marks that appear on Vision-Ease's Product Reference Guide, so I'm pretty sure that's the type of lens I received.

What's disturbing is that this Vision-Ease brand is not listed on Transitions' Product Availability Chart. So further investigation leads me to find that Vision-Ease has their own photochromic lenses called LifeRx and now I'm wondering whether I've been duped and been told I've got Transitions lenses when in fact I've got Vision-Ease's "version" of Transitions.

If anyone could verify for me whether Vision-Ease's photochromic lenses are Transitions brand lenses or not, it would be most helpful. Thanks in advance. :)