Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chanel Account

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

NO WAY !!! I just want to scream

Ummm... excuse me, but as a dynamic, independant woman who answers to NO man on what or when I spend my money.

NO WAY !!! I just want to scream,

WELL, that sums it up, your (independent) and your friend who is NOT(independent) respects her mans choice, so I would not get your shorts all in a wad or scream, respect your friends choice.Most likely she's happy

Quote Originally Posted by GOS_Queen
    Cindy -

I just get my shorts in a wad when I hear stuff like this - I have a friend who says stuff like "I have to call him because he expects me to" ... or "I have to get my hair redone because he didn't like it" ... and this whole money thing - it's like - NO WAY !!! I just want to scream : what year does it say on your calendar!

it's gross (imho)

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by markssunwear
    Ummm... excuse me, but as a dynamic, independant woman who answers to NO man on what or when I spend my money.

NO WAY !!! I just want to scream,

WELL, that sums it up, your (independent) and your friend who is NOT(independent) respects her mans choice, so I would not get your shorts all in a wad or scream, respect your friends choice.Most likely she's happy
    wow, this thread is going downhill fast!! i can't even remember what the original post was. :hammer:

Occupation
    I think we were complaining about Chanel.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Lol............

You mean "sh*t-nel". lol........

Quote Originally Posted by optigrrl
    I think we were complaining about Chanel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails opticians list card2222.JPG  

Occupation
    hehehe....

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optigrrl View Post
    I don't think that this is the forum to start the battle of the sexes...:finger:
    I think if most threads go deep enough they get totally off the original focus

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We had an account with Chanel, but we just didn't carry much because of the price.

Last year, we were informed that we have to carry atleast 25 opt frame and 25 sunglasses to keep the account. Due to the price, the owner decided to not carry them anymore.

The customers who often buy Chanel frames are the ones who usually step in the door knowing that they will only buy Chanel(trendy mature ladies). We do still have those loyal customers but just not enough.

However, we can still order using our account even though we do not have a sales rep who comes by. I think it's a mistake on their part that our account is not closed yet, but if the patients want it and we can order it, then we will continue to keep ordering.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I just wanted to let you guys know that the Chanel "rules" come from Chanel not luxottica. Chanel is very careful to protect its image. Although lux owns the irght to produce the line, the Chanel design house has kept nearly all creative control and controls who gets to sell them. They want to limit how many people sell Chanel so that it remains a high end, exclusive line. I work for a lenscrafters and my store has chanel. We sell them like mad and they are fabulous...but Chanel makes us jump through hoops to have them. They have to be vendorised just perfectly or they will pull the line from our store. (they have their own mystery shoppers to check this out) Not all our stores get to have chanel...when lux first rolled out the line...Chanel made the discision that only a certain type of store with a certain look can carry them. Sales volume has nothing to do with it. The store just has to have the right ascetic match to the product. I love the Chanel line (my favourite pair are really great Chanels with lots of bling) but I wish they made them a little easier to sell.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Gos:
    Let me guess, you are not married to a man, or if so he has very low testosterone levels.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    I just wanted to let you guys know that the Chanel "rules" come from Chanel not luxottica. Chanel is very careful to protect its image. Although lux owns the irght to produce the line, the Chanel design house has kept nearly all creative control and controls who gets to sell them. They want to limit how many people sell Chanel so that it remains a high end, exclusive line. I work for a lenscrafters and my store has chanel. We sell them like mad and they are fabulous...but Chanel makes us jump through hoops to have them. They have to be vendorised just perfectly or they will pull the line from our store. (they have their own mystery shoppers to check this out) Not all our stores get to have chanel...when lux first rolled out the line...Chanel made the discision that only a certain type of store with a certain look can carry them. Sales volume has nothing to do with it. The store just has to have the right ascetic match to the product. I love the Chanel line (my favourite pair are really great Chanels with lots of bling) but I wish they made them a little easier to sell.
    Most Chanel accounts I've seen recently do not represent the Chanel "look". They are in your stereotypicial areas, Chinatown or places with a high asian density or in shops that cater to the "gangsta" mentality. If I'm not mistaken Holt Renfrew is the only place in downtown Calgary that sells them (we past on them). I think the merchandising policies are a ruse so they can have control over the product if it doesn't achieve their sales goals.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    The sales volume thing doesn't make sense...when we first rolled out Chanel our highest volume store was Northland and they couldn't have them because they were a older style store.

and the high asian density/ gangsta mentality comment is a little offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Most Chanel accounts I've seen recently do not represent the Chanel "look". They are in your stereotypicial areas, Chinatown or places with a high asian density or in shops that cater to the "gangsta" mentality. If I'm not mistaken Holt Renfrew is the only place in downtown Calgary that sells them (we past on them). I think the merchandising policies are a ruse so they can have control over the product if it doesn't achieve their sales goals.

OptiBoard Professional William Walker's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When in a private OD office (who had basically a 80% Luxottica brand inventory) we tried getting Chanel. We were told that since the Mayo Hospital Optical store had them, they would not allow another one. Less than a year later, a new mall opened up, and right around the corner from the new target, they put in a Solstice sunglass chain, and of course, they have Chanel.
    Oh well - glad they stuck to their guns!
    William Walker

Associates in Science in Opticianry
    Associates in Science in Optical Business Management
    Licensed Dispensing Optician
    Board Certified
    Certified Paraoptometric Assistant
    American Board of Opticianry Advanced Certified
    National Contact Lens Examiners Certified

Next Goal: ABOM

Optician with Lenscrafters in Jacksonville, FL

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    The sales volume thing doesn't make sense...when we first rolled out Chanel our highest volume store was Northland and they couldn't have them because they were a older style store.

and the high asian density/ gangsta mentality comment is a little offensive.
    I apologize, my comment was not meant to be offensive. It was just an observation on the locations Chanel has been placed in Calgary. Northland does not make sense because it seems to be more of a middle class established neighbourhood. Marlborough makes sense because it is more "urban". I'm surprised it's not in Chinook Centre (useless thats changed in 6 months), based on their "criteria". If Chanel/Lux was truly interested in keeping it in high-end stores they would work a little harder at it, but I think it's more keeping limited number of accounts (regardless of apperance), keeping up demand, and occasionally dropping accounts that aren't moving the product or keeping enough in stock.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by markssunwear View Post
    ebay...........I'm in a mall that has a target in it,they will not give me a acount becouse there's a target...you have to be in a nice area or don't even think about it..plus I think there's a waiting list...
    There is a long waiting list, but thankfully my office in Beverly Hills is near the top of it. We should have it soon! :hammer:
    www.opticaljedi.com
    www.facebook.com/opticaljedi
    www.twitter.com/opticaljedi

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Luxottica is the evil empire

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    chinook does have it and has since it rolled out.

I apologize, my comment was not meant to be offensive. It was just an observation on the locations Chanel has been placed in Calgary. Northland does not make sense because it seems to be more of a middle class established neighbourhood. Marlborough makes sense because it is more "urban". I'm surprised it's not in Chinook Centre (useless thats changed in 6 months), based on their "criteria". If Chanel/Lux was truly interested in keeping it in high-end stores they would work a little harder at it, but I think it's more keeping limited number of accounts (regardless of apperance), keeping up demand, and occasionally dropping accounts that aren't moving the product or keeping enough in stock.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    MWAHH...HA..HA..HA..HA!
    (EVIL LAUGH)

I love being evil. cclcal, release your anger, turn to the darkside!:D

Quote Originally Posted by cclcal View Post
    Luxottica is the evil empire

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Wait in Line...................

........................ but I think it's more keeping limited number of accounts (regardless of apperance), keeping up demand, and occasionally dropping accounts that aren't moving the product or keeping enough in stock.
    Has anyone ever tried to figure out why this should be like that?

Here is the largest competitor to the independent optician snobbing them and everybody gets upset and stands in line to become a brand name dealer of it's competitor.

If a customer would ask me were my Channel frames are I would answer "I refused to have them in my store...............dont like or trust the company behind it"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's built into the contract with chanel. Chanel demands that type of exclusivity for their product. They dont' want to get cheapened the way Armani did (and why Armani left Lux)
    www.opticaljedi.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I...will...never...join you, father, I know there is still good in you...

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by cclcal View Post
    I...will...never...join you, father, I know there is still good in you...

:D :D :D :D :D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So, I take it there are some Star Wars fans here? We should talk....I'm a tad obsessive on the subject...met my fiance through it.
    www.opticaljedi.com

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Big Smile Star Wars.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    So, I take it there are some Star Wars fans here? We should talk....I'm a tad obsessive on the subject...met my fiance through it.
    I slept through it when taking my kids to the movies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so I dont have any idea what it has to do with Channel.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubendol View Post
    No, not here. Star Wars is for nerds.:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No, not here. Star Wars is for nerds.:D
    says the one with nerf herder as his title. If you want to geek/nerd war, I'm game, but be warned, I have more hours in line for SW than I do continuing education credits ;)
    www.opticaljedi.com

Thread Information