Thread: which lense do I choose?

OptiBoard Novice

which lense do I choose?

My doctor has recommended either Sola 1 or Verilux Physio. How are they different and how are they similar? I spend some time in front of the compter screen, but not hours. I love to read, but don't have hours for that, either. Which of the two would be recommended? I have worn progressive lenses for the past 3-4 years (don't remember which kind, but I got them at Costco.) The current prescription is for +2.00. My sales person at Costco says both Sola 1 and Physio are just "marketing" of new products and the Ovation by Essilor is just as good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by lawa
    My doctor has recommended either Sola 1 or Verilux Physio. How are they different and how are they similar? I spend some time in front of the compter screen, but not hours. I love to read, but don't have hours for that, either. Which of the two would be recommended? I have worn progressive lenses for the past 3-4 years (don't remember which kind, but I got them at Costco.) The current prescription is for +2.00. My sales person at Costco says both Sola 1 and Physio are just "marketing" of new products and the Ovation by Essilor is just as good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Well the Sola One and the Varilux Physio are definitely not re-marketing of the Ovation. Completely different lenses.

Now I like the Ovation to.

My suggestion is go to a person you can trust and ask them to put you into the lenses that they think is best for you.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Both are excellent lenses. The Sola One might be a little better at near and the Physio might be a little better at distance.

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    I've been dispensing the Physio360 for the past two months and have had noting but major successes with it. Long-time D-seg wearers, pervious PAL non-adapts have all had no problems. So I figured I'd give it a try (I've had a NV correction since childhood) - all I can say is the Physio360 is amazing!

To be clear, the Physio360 is a different animal from the Sola-One and the regular Physio. Between those two, I'd chose the Physio. Similar NV, Physio has better distance.

OptiBoard Novice
    Thanks for the info. My next question is: are the Sola 1 and/or Physio worth the extra several hundred dollars, or are the Ovations just as good? I'm pretty picky about my eyesight and I want to be sure I choose the best lenses.

Optiwizard making films Audiyoda's Avatar
    Occupation
    I'm not a fan of Sola - never have been. With the Physio and Physio360 you've got a lens with 8 additional patents on top of the Patents on the Varilux Comfort and Panamic. The Ovation is a modified design from the Panamic, so my feeling is you're better going that route. If you want the best possible vision, go with the Physio360 - the new CNC direct-surface generators they use are capable of tolerances of 1/100th of a diopter. The best we could hope for previously was 1/12th of a diopter.

Thread Information