Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paperless Office

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    Nice, 3 year old thread and no where near the record, but I'm sure it's helpful to the OP.:hammer:

Yeah, and not even a visit in between! I mean, we went from July '06 to Aug '09, just like that! I'm expecting Michael J. Fox to drive through in his silver DeLorean!
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Nice old thread.............last post in 2006

Nice old thread.............last post in 2006

Due to the paperless computer age we find that we our purchases on printing paper has steadily increased since 2006.

Example: Pay a bill electronically you don't print a check but you print the receipt from the transaction and staple it to the invoice. No saving on paper but save postage.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Holy Smokes!

Whew!

I read the title to this thread and almost died! I thought that someone in maintenance had dropped the ball BIGTIME!!!!

I was all set to race right over with a 96 roll value pak of Charmin!!!

Crisis averted!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

paperless

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would chime in.

Both of our offices are paperless. We use Revolution and love the program. From tracking patients exams to keeping stock on all of our product.

The only paper we have is the signature document, which gets scanned into Revolution and the patient intake form.

Everything is backed up offsite.

Hope I helped out a little!

Rich

Bad address email on file Dougfir8's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Ain't gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by VVC View Post
    We are looking to open a new office and want to consider going paperless. Is there a system out there that everyone is happy with. We are looking to open up in a month and a half and would like to start it in our existing office first.

:cheers:
    No way can you get paperless! Your vendors, insurance, customers, etc. won't allow it. Even the HIPAA procedures will hamper you. However, you can reduce paper, and please recycle!:finger:

Bad address email on file donovanbaldwin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    ...As to the term “paperless.” It’s baloney. Paper sales have increased dramatically every year since the acceptance of the computer as a business tool. My nephew has been a salesman with Hammermill since the early eighties and business just keeps getting better and better.
    Amen, hallelujah (or however it's spelled!)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougfir8 View Post
    No way can you get paperless! Your vendors, insurance, customers, etc. won't allow it. Even the HIPAA procedures will hamper you. However, you can reduce paper, and please recycle!:finger:
    We are paperless. We have been for 6 years.

We just opened another office, and the new optician asked when we were going to get the file cabinets. I said, "You mean the shredder?"

We file NOTHING. We scan and shred. We use the shredded paper for sheep bedding, and then we spread it on the fields in the Spring.

I used to hire high school kids to come in and file at the end of the day, and it would take us forever to line up the files for the day's exams. Not anymore. With a few keystrokes, the dr/recepionist is in the file, and we off and running.

Also, I don't have the opticians doing anything besides checking in jobs, and dispensing. The way we have it set up, the receptionist can schedule,invoice and order faster and more accurately since they do it all day. Again, after the invoice, a few keystrokes send it to the lab, and the job is in process. No more trays sitting around waiting to be (incorrectly) ordered, no more call backs from the lab about material availability,and no more faxes. (Like most of you, we use WinFax,so we don't print faxes anymore,and we don't do outbound faxes anymore either, as it's easier to just attatch it as an e-mail.)

I didn't think paperless was possible, until I saw how my CPA and my insurance agent ran their offices. No paper, no clutter, no extra help.

Life is good...
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

Of all the programs out there, is there any that is suitable for an optical retail shop?
    Would I be able to find anything in Las Vegas at the Vision expo.

Regards, M:)

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We have been using MaximEyes PM and EHR software since 1996. I highly recommend MaximEyes as the software easily integrate all aspects of our practice and every insurance claim is sent when we walk out the door.

The main reasons why we continue to use MaximEyes—and there are many—are the ability to easily customize the software to fit our needs, its ease of use, equipment integrations, built-in e-prescribing, and the Eyefinity-VSP Link and VSP Calculator.

As with anything new, including adding new PM/EHR software to your practice or upgrading to the latest version, it’s best to take one step at a time, or you and your staff will become overwhelmed. Learning a new process can be challenging in the beginning for everyone, no matter which software you choose. We have always welcomed other practices to come and see how we use the MaximEyes software program.

We recently upgraded to the latest version of MaximEyes and the customizations we had in the previous version and any new issues were promptly fixed during the upgrade process.

Another very important factor when upgrading any software program is you need to follow the suggestions from the software vendor as to the proper computer equipment. You should also hire someone local who is experienced to help you with installations, networking and upgrades. This person should also monitor your computers and service monthly. This has allowed us to be free of any computer hardware problems.

We made the right decision to stay with MaximEyes for more than 16 years. Our efficiency and income has increased over the years, and part of this is due to a great PM and EHR software. I understand there are new companies out there selling cloud software. We have seen many companies come and go. First insight is very stable and has a strong staff team. They are here for the long haul. You get what you to pay for.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    As some other have said, the term paperless is mostly a myth. Crystal Practice Management is what we use and it is very versatile and cost effective. It does offer the advantages that John's mentions...Look into it.

Thread Information