Hybrid cars...anybody got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johns View Post
    but when the gov't. starts telling me that I HAVE to, then that's a different story.
    Dats a good point also !!

Comment

I'm certainly not advocating that government tell us what car to buy...but the government does tell us to pay income taxes, sales taxes, excise taxes...drive on the right side of the road, not to drink and drive, use headlights at night, and the list goes on and on.

We chose the car we want to drive, as you say,...what pleases us. some folk like comfort, power, others like economy. I like the concept of sticking it to the people in the middle east that stick it to our government, and in the process, to the American people. So it pleases me to do this. I/m not doing it because my government says so. In fact, it seems like my government doesn't give a hoot about how much debt we rack up buying foreign oil from countries that wouldkill and mame our citizens.

I'm an advocate of using less foreign oil... my government is not. We are the government. We've got to get them what we want them to do in our best interest. Our government is not the enemy. Some of those overseas are. You talk like you'd rather have a Saudi run our government than a Democrat.

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
        You talk like you'd rather have a Saudi run our government than a Democrat.

Now that's more of what I expected!:cheers:

I tell you that I like to drive comfortable cars, and you get that out of it?

Better check that car of your for fumes...
        Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Drive more Hybrids my big 4x4 needs all the gas it can get a hold of :bbg:

Comment

ok...just don't complain when unfriendly oil rich countries own half of the land and businesses in the US....and when they can launch their activities through shills in seemingly friendly countries...and our military is powerless to do anything.

Comment

So more hybrids are being made...Ford fusion, Chevy Volt, Lexus, and did I see BMW? Anyone care to comment on their experience?

Comment

Are you sure Johns isn' from the South?
                With a quote like that, he would have to be.

Chip

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                  So more hybrids are being made...Ford fusion, Chevy Volt, Lexus, and did I see BMW? Anyone care to comment on their experience?
                  My brother-in-law has a hybrid Fusion (he couldn't wait for cold fusion). So far so good. My next car will definitely be an all-electric car. We'll keep one of our present cars for road trips, or just rent a car as needed.
                  Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

I have an 05 4 wheel drive Escape hydrid with 180000 miles on it. Love it and have had no problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                      My brother-in-law has a hybrid Fusion (he couldn't wait for cold fusion). So far so good. My next car will definitely be an all-electric car. We'll keep one of our present cars for road trips, or just rent a car as needed.
                      I just got a Fusion, though not hybrid.
                      DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                      "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

• How come I get *****ed at when I use the term WetBacks and it's OK for others?
                        Or has political correctness come full circle and now just correctness works?

Chip

Comment

• Not sure what that post was all about...and I don't think I want to know.

Comment

• Man,...cost me forty bucks to fill up my Prius the other day...and I'm only getting about 500 miles per tankful

Comment

• Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                              Man,...cost me forty bucks to fill up my Prius the other day...and I'm only getting about 500 miles per tankful
                              Sheeeeeesh!

Time to buy a VESPA!

Comment

• Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                                Man,...cost me forty bucks to fill up my Prius the other day...and I'm only getting about 500 miles per tankful
                                $40/$4.00 per gallon = 10 Gallons

500 miles / 10 Gallons = 50 Miles Per Gallon.

I wish!

Comment

Working...
                                X