No announcement yet.

Hybrid cars...anybody got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I want to know is, is there secret Prius club where they meet and determine that all Prius drivers will drive in the left lane at two MPH under the speed limit?
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
      What I want to know is, is there secret Prius club where they meet and determine that all Prius drivers will drive in the left lane at two MPH under the speed limit?
      I think they do that to avoid be hit by the kids on their 10 speeds going by them!:bbg::bbg: (That would be a nasty wreck...those 10 speeds are tough!)
      Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
        Yeah, and the decoder ring is real cool.

Comment

Originally posted by fjpod View Post
          Yeah, and the decoder ring is real cool.

Did you drink your Ovaltine? :bbg::bbg:
          DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
          "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

So no one else is man or woman enough to admit they get 53 mpg???

Comment

I'm not sure, but I think I ran one over on the freeway tonight. It had a metaly/plasticy sound to it when I ran it over, and it was too big to be a construction cone. I'm not sure.

I went back, but it was too flattened at that point to tell what it had been.

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
                I'm not sure, but I think I ran one over on the freeway tonight. It had a metaly/plasticy sound to it when I ran it over, and it was too big to be a construction cone. I'm not sure.

I went back, but it was too flattened at that point to tell what it had been.
                You're a riot Alice. What've you got against cars that 50 mpg?

Comment

Nothing! I wish more people drove them, that way, there'd be more room in the parking lot for my truck!

Here's some fun links:

Comment

My official FezzJohns Turbo Unicycle has unlimited gas mileage!

Comment

I never bought one but a few years ago i talked a Doctor friend of mine out of buying one.

He was trying to make a decision on whether to buy the hybrid... or not to buy the hybrid. It was the same model car.

I pointed out to him that the hybrid model was like $10,000 or more and he wouldnt save money because his car payment and insurance would be higher.

So when he factored in the length of the loan and the monthly payment. Then compared that to how much he saved on gas. He would have had to keep the car for 6 to 7 years or something like that to break even.

They are starting to bring down the price on these now, but i still think there needs to be work done on pricing vs value. I mean, is it just a feel good car or is it practical?

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
                        My official FezzJohns Turbo Unicycle has unlimited gas mileage!
                        I looked into one of those, but I've got a pretty big family, so I need the 2-wheel version:

Comment

To the BeerSlide!

Pronto!

And away I go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
                            I looked into one of those, but I've got a pretty big family, so I need the 2-wheel version:

Or even better:
                            DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

Cool!

Here comes brother Optical24/7 on his Hybrid Unicycle!*

*Notice this slacker doesn't have his Official BeerSlide Waxing Uniform on!

Comment

Oh wait!!

Here comes that healthnut OBXeyeguy! He took this whole "hybrid Green Machine Thingy " to the next level!

Comment

Working...
                                X