No announcement yet.

Hybrid cars...anybody got one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah, my 201 Sports Trac came with a multi CD player and Sirius....and was $5k les than the Prius..........now, given the fact that I drive about 80mi for work, I would still consider a Prius. The new ones are nice...........by the guy at the Deacon Jones car lot in Selma has a Prowler....

Comment

• Anyone ever hear the little take off spiff "In a Yugo" done to Elvis's "In the Getto?"

Sure makes me think of a lot of the gas saving minicars.

Chip

Comment

• Everybody thinks the Prius is a mini car. It is officially classified as a midsize. The interior space is often compared to a Camry.

Minicars include Cooper Mini, Smartcar, and that little Fiat thing. None of which I would take out on a highway for fear of getting killed.

Comment

• Mini cars are anything under 4K lb. and under 250 HP. You should have grown up when cars were real and not influnced by Ralph Nader and the greenies. The kind of car that rocks side to side when you gun the engine in neutral.

Chip
          Last edited by chip anderson; 04-15-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Just got back from DC...East Coast Glaucoma Conference. Took my Prius. Traffic was good. Averaged 60.5 mpg, you heard me. Average speed 57 mph.

Comment

• I drove 650 miles Wednesday, in my Pilot. I averaged 25.8 miles on the trip, much of it through mountains. If I had averaged 16 mpg, I would have been just as satisfied, for I am 6'1, and enjoy the legroom, the headroom, the awesome acceleration, and the ability to haul 4,000 frames and still have room for luggage and a cooler.

Some thing are more important to me than mileage.
              Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

• I am thinking about getting one of these gas savers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	31KKafh1tZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	868245
                Last edited by Fezz; 04-15-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Actually starting to see things similar to this in NYC. Deliverymen are using them. Some of them are electric...quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johns View Post
                    I drove 650 miles Wednesday, in my Pilot. I averaged 25.8 miles on the trip, much of it through mountains. If I had averaged 16 mpg, I would have been just as satisfied, for I am 6'1, and enjoy the legroom, the headroom, the awesome acceleration, and the ability to haul 4,000 frames and still have room for luggage and a cooler.

Some thing are more important to me than mileage.
                    I've got something similar to the Pilot. I use it for hauling stuff, not usually people.

I don't drive a Prius to save money, although it does.

New cars are nice, huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                      Minicars include Cooper Mini, Smartcar, and that little Fiat thing. None of which I would take out on a highway for fear of getting killed.
                      Cooper Mini is very spacious inside and built with BMW handling, You may be surprised.

Comment

• Originally posted by braheem24 View Post
                        Cooper Mini is very spacious inside and built with BMW handling, You may be surprised.
                        But its a two seater, and I can fit five in a pinch. And if somebody tailgates on your rear bumper, their front bumper is what, three feet from your head?

They do seem popular these days. I think people are changing their philosophy away from cars which are unnecessarily heavy, to save fuel.

As if you can't tell, alternative fuels, and saving fuel are an interest of mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by fjpod View Post
                          As if you can't tell, alternative fuels, and saving fuel are an interest of mine.

If you take into consideration the U.S. uses 20,000,000 barrels of oil per day at an average of $100 a barrel that's $2000,000,000 spent on oil per day or 700 billion a year, or $230 per person in the U.S.

That's not including the cost of wars and conflicts we endure to keep oil regions safe.

Cut the oil usage by 1/3 and the prices will drop to $30 a barrel and save 600 Billion dollars a year.

Comment

• When will we smarten up?

Comment

• Originally posted by braheem24 View Post
                              Cooper Mini is very spacious inside and built with BMW handling
                              Easy to park also.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

• A hybrid car? Yes someday... but not yet. I talk to a lot of GM test drivers (live close to the Proving Grounds) and have been advised to wait 5-10 years. For now I drive a Honda CRV (my second one) but would like to switch to a car since I no longer have a 50 mile commute.

Comment

Working...
                                X