Thread: Essilor Natural Markup Guide/Template

OptiBoard Novice

Question Essilor Natural Markup Guide/Template

I was wondering if there are any resources on line for "marking up" progressive lenses? I used to work in optical (4 years as an optician) and I would like to help a friend make sure her lenses are sitting at the appropriate height so I need the template/guide to help me mark where the fitting cross is at.

The lenses are Essilor Naturals and I have been unable to find any "mark up" guides on my own. I realise that these things are probably not available on line, but I figured I would give it a shot.

I apologise if this ruffles any feathers etc., just tell me so and send me on my way.

Thanks!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just call the manufacturer of that lens and they will send you one, plus some labs will as well.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Fezz
    :cheers:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Any manufacturer are any different guide.if you need help we are here

OptiBoard Novice
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I have contacted Essilor via their webpage to see if I can get my hands on what I need.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Birdrib,

Why don't you direct your friend back to their eyecare professional? Would that not be the best place to start? They would mark the lenses, check the placement of the lens and check the fit. If you want to be sure, go with! Wouldn't that be the best solution in this case?

I doubt since you are not practicing any longer in an optical that Essilor will provide you with the fitting guide.
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

OptiBoard Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Hamlin
    Birdrib,

Why don't you direct your friend back to their eyecare professional? Would that not be the best place to start? They would mark the lenses, check the placement of the lens and check the fit. If you want to be sure, go with! Wouldn't that be the best solution in this case?

I doubt since you are not practicing any longer in an optical that Essilor will provide you with the fitting guide.
    Agreed. I just thought that I would check the fitting height to make sure they are sitting properly. This person had a bad experience with the opticians who originally dispensed these lenses. She went back 5 times trying to get her problems straightened out with no luck and has basically given up on these glasses. I believe she is just not a good canidate for progressives and I just want to make sure that they are sitting properly before I tell her that she would probably be more comfortable with some ST-35's or something.

So yeah, it be best for her to go back and all, but at this point it is not something she is going to do, plus she got the lens about 4 years ago, so it is unlikely she could get a remake or anything. She has since gone to an opthamologist and has a new perscription so she may be purchasing some new lenses soon. I am just trying to prepare/educate her as to her options and what would probably work best for her.

She is the classic example of patient who was sold $1200 worth of progressive lenses who can't adapt to them (computer pair and distance pair), so I just want to make sure that she is a non-adapt vs. incorrectly fitted.

I'm not one to trust all opticians, I have seen some shotty work and some fudging in the past and I want to do what I can make sure this isn't the case with her progressives (at least as far as the fitting height goes....anyone got a spare lensometer? :hammer: ).

Again, I don't mean to step out of line here, please let me know if I am and I will cease and desist.

Think of it this way, I am trying to keep a potentially non-adaptive patient from walking into your shop and demanding that they want to try progressives again even though they hate them and should be wearing a straight top. It's funny the stigma people associate with straight top bifocals.

Thanks for your time.

Thread Information