Thread: Your opinion

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Your opinion

I have a first time PAL customer. -4.50 with a 2 add. Has to be photochromic poly (or trivex - the frame is rimless). Seg is 20 mm. Between Sola One and Panamic - what whould be your choice? Unless there is another lense I do not know about - I had bad exp. with Hoya products.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I doubt the client would be able to tell the difference between the two. Both great PAL's.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Both are great lenses. Have you considered the new Varilux Physio? It is a very nice lens, also.

I think the Panamic is slightly better then the Sola One in the distance and the Sola One is slightly better for near. I have worn both, and the Physio, and have liked all of them.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What was the bad exp. with HOYA???
    I would recommend Hoya GP Wide in Phoenix Trans

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Mish, Please restate your question in a general manner.......

and read posting guidelines again with particular reference to the following:
    "
    Consumers are allowed to post on the Board, as long as the posts concern general eyecare related topics. However please be aware that any questions that involve diagnosing specific eyecare and eyewear problems are not appropriate for an online discussion forum. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation. Posts asking for diagnostic help will be closed or removed. "

I can promise you the Hoya product is as good as anything mentioned and your problem lies not with the product.
    Last edited by hcjilson; 06-04-2006 at 08:39 AM. Reason: reoopened thread
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Your opinion#2

For hcjilson.
    If you bothered to read my post carefully OR looked into my profile you would understand that I am not a consumer but a fellow optician. Also I am asking for someone's choice (preference) - a fairly subjective, general and nonspecific thing, especialy when dealing with PALs. In many other threads people could freely express preferences (or dislikes) for a number of products without censorship.

Happylady, For-life and n711. Thank you for your responces.
    Hoya GP Wide.... I tried twice (19 seg) and both times customers were complaining about small reading area.
    Physio... If I am not mistaken, it is available with AR only and this customer does not like AR. I will look into it on Monday - might be a good choice.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mish
    For hcjilson.
    If you bothered to read my post carefully OR looked into my profile you would understand that I am not a consumer but a fellow optician. Also I am asking for someone's choice (preference) - a fairly subjective, general and nonspecific thing, especialy when dealing with PALs. In many other threads people could freely express preferences (or dislikes) for a number of products without censorship.

Hoya GP Wide.... I tried twice (19 seg) and both times customers were complaining about small reading area.
    Physio... If I am not mistaken, it is available with AR only and this customer does not like AR. I will look into it on Monday - might be a good choice.
    You can get the Physio without AR, just the Physio 360 comes only with AR. The patient probably doesn't want AR because he/she has had a poor quality AR in the past. I have the Crizal Alize with Clear Guard on mine and it is outstanding. With every other AR I have ever had I have to clean my glasses several times a day, not with this. And it cleans so easily-no smearing and streaking.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Mish,
    Please at some point try the GP Wide again this time with a minimum of a 20 mm seg (there are other great hoya lenses for a shorter seg :) - and trying a lens 2 times with a lowseg and then labeling it as 'bad' is just not fair. My experience in the last 5 yrs working with Hoya we had a 98% sucess rate w/the GP Wide.
    And to state the odvious Happylady is right about the AR it's the 360 that only comes coated...And if at all possible try to get you pt to try AR again...if you are darring enough to try the GP Wide if Supper HiVision is not avaliable on the Phoenix trans you can get regular HiVision w/ViewProtect.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Thumbs down

If I am not mistaken, it is available with AR only and this customer does not like AR. I will look into it on Monday - might be a good choice.
    Look into the aspect of sales psychology and techniques. This customer does not like AR.

You talk him into it and he buys he will have rhe feeling that he has been pressured into purchasing what he did not want. Give him what he needs and wants and you will have a happy customer. High pressure sales always have a negative effect.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Guilty as charged.....my apology is extended.....

For hcjilson.

Guilty as charged.....my apology is extended to Mish. I was not as dilligent reading the post as I should have been. Members have complained about consumer posting becoming somewhat of a problem. As a result, moderators are quick to shut down those posts if not within the guidelines.If you can imagine the amount posts we go through, I think you will have a better understanding of how this could happen.(Still no reason to excuse it) One of the things we learn quickly are the catchwords of consumer posts. The most common catchword is "Opinion". I always go there first. I say this not to excuse my closure, but to explain it. I will be more carefull in the future. hj

PS I have merged the #1 and #2 threads into one inder the original topic. I hope this satisfies everyone. Its also good practice for moderators. :bbg:
    Last edited by hcjilson; 06-04-2006 at 08:44 AM.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Thread Information