Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What progressives have you not liked?

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by francisOD
    Thanks Chris for the support...you confirm what I have seen too many times. I am not saying there are not some patients out there with 6+ hours of computer that will not be able to use a short corridor but it is a bigger challenge. Again customer education is key. Just curious, have you tried lenses like Nikon Online, Gradal business 1.5, Hoya Tact 0.6, Access...type lenses?
    Ya, I find the Access is much wider, but will give your a shorter length, where the Online is longer and will give you more distance.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee
    Had a lot of complaints on the Brevity, so I don't use it.

Only tried Liberty once, and the patient returned them.

Cassandra
    I just had a rep give me a coupon for the Brevity. She told me it could be fitted at 15 high. What did your patients not like about this lens?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    For-Life, would you then say that someone who is strictly looking at computer and reading would be better off with access and someone like bank teller that needs up to 8-10 feet would be better in the Online? We have had very good success with 2 zeiss products similar to this. The Clarlet business 1.0 and 1.5 would be more like the access lens while the Gradal RD would be more like the Online. If you get a chance to try these product and compare, I would be very curious to hear your comparative analysis.

Happylady, we use the brevity a lot with very little returns. From other posts, the distance being swimmy is the main concern but I have not heard that from my patients. If you try the brevity, I would love to hear your feedback.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Exactly as FrancisOD stated, the patients have complained about it being swimmy. Of course one turned out to be a poly non adapt as well, but the other four also complained about the swim in plastic as well.

Maybe I had four sensitive patients...2 others were first time progressive wearers, another had been in an ovation, and the other an image. The poly non adapt had been in a CR-39 Gradal Top previously.

Maybe you'll have better success than me :)

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by francisOD
    For-Life, would you then say that someone who is strictly looking at computer and reading would be better off with access and someone like bank teller that needs up to 8-10 feet would be better in the Online? We have had very good success with 2 zeiss products similar to this. The Clarlet business 1.0 and 1.5 would be more like the access lens while the Gradal RD would be more like the Online. If you get a chance to try these product and compare, I would be very curious to hear your comparative analysis.

Happylady, we use the brevity a lot with very little returns. From other posts, the distance being swimmy is the main concern but I have not heard that from my patients. If you try the brevity, I would love to hear your feedback.
    I think that is a fair way of looking at it

OptiBoard Apprentice ELM OPTICAL's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The worst lens ever made was Scopus progressive.

People could not understand if its a progressive or not!
    But what do you expect for the lowest priced lens on the market.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    To continue my thoughts on specialty progressive, the Nikon online and Zeiss Gradal RD are similar where you have va up to 8-10 ft range, however there is a big difference in progression zone. Nikon Online will fit at 15 seg hgt will Zeiss will need at least 22mm. Both lenses perform well though.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm surprised to see that no-one has cited the Rodenstock multigressive yet. We tried this on many clients upon its release several years back and I think most every one was a non-adapt. Surprising, given that we used to use the Rodenstock family of lenses almost exclusively back then, and the multigressive was most certainly considered a premium lens design.

Thread Information