Thread: Ipseo or Gradal Individual

OptiBoard Novice

Confused Ipseo or Gradal Individual

Hi,

I am considering choosing either Ipseo or Gradal Individual customised Progressive lenses for myself. I have -4 add +1,75. Could someone kindly explain whether these two product are comparable and which one would be better?

Also, some opticians talk only about Zeiss Gradal Individual and some about Gradal Individual and Gradal Individual Frame fit. Are the to separate products,

Thanks for any advice...
    Petri

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I will discuss the Ipseo, because that is what I am much more familar with. Hopefully a poster that is familar with the Zeiss Individual can explain that lens for you.

When a progressive lens is developed by a company the company picks a target and then comes up with an average design. For instance, if I wanted a lens that would work for everyone I would survey the visual habits of lets say 1000 people and make an average design based on those visual habits. Now there are lenses out there that are made to make the distance or reading wider, but when ever you make one better you compromise the other.

The Varilux Ipseo is different in that it chooses from 30,000 different lens designs for you. The Ipseo uses a special machine, called the Vision Print System, that measures how you use your head and eyes. Essentially, it differentiates how much of a head or how much of an eye mover that you are, and based on that it chooses from one of those 30,000 designs. Essentially, it is customized for you. Now the Ipseo also now includes W.A.V.E front technology to help make the lens that much more clearer.

I have fit up about 30 pair of the Ipseo thus far and have had great results. Usually with a progressive lens the individual is sastified, leaves with a smile, and comes back and sees you two years later very content with their purchase. But with the Ipseo I get comments about how much clearer they are and how easy they are to work with than their previous progressive lenses. I also have used this lens in some trouble situations and it has worked out great with us.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Petri
    Hi,

I am considering choosing either Ipseo or Gradal Individual customised Progressive lenses for myself. I have -4 add +1,75. Could someone kindly explain whether these two product are comparable and which one would be better?

Also, some opticians talk only about Zeiss Gradal Individual and some about Gradal Individual and Gradal Individual Frame fit. Are the to separate products,

Thanks for any advice...
    Petri
    I think Darryl Meister is the right person who can give you the right answer of Carl Zeiss products.

Thread Information