Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It drives me NUTS!!!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Yes mame, I took your 10.00 pair of glasses and replaced them with one of my 149.00 pair. Just being nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    It is like the case of when you replace a screw on a 10 year old frame and then when you bring it out they accuse you of changing frames on them with doubts that this is the frame they gave you.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    We still take cheques and still let patients pay 50% down and let them split the balance into 3 equal payments over the next 3 months on post-dated cheques. The funny thing is we rarely get any NSF's and we have the highest retention rate around. We have a reputation for helping lower-income folks in the communityu yet our products and prices are higher than the chains and WAY higher than the 1-hour folks and Wal-Mart. Although we do insist on immediate payment for the eye exam. :drop:

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by loncoa
    We still take cheques and still let patients pay 50% down and let them split the balance into 3 equal payments over the next 3 months on post-dated cheques. The funny thing is we rarely get any NSF's and we have the highest retention rate around. We have a reputation for helping lower-income folks in the communityu yet our products and prices are higher than the chains and WAY higher than the 1-hour folks and Wal-Mart. Although we do insist on immediate payment for the eye exam. :drop:
    well after losing $6,000 in one year (from good customers too) you have to draw a line.

Occupation
    We would too in the same situation. People just don't seem to be like that here. I don't know why.But I don't mind!:)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm especially fond of the ones that won't (or can't) make eye contact. Dispensing PAL's I say, "Look right at me so I can be sure those little marks are fitting over your pupils. Look at me. Look at me, now. You have to look at me, look right at me. Look here, at me. At me. Look at me."

Occupation
    I'm in Canada as well, and we take cheques every day. Many many many. With about one NSF every six months or so. Lots of the older crowd still love 'em. And in this business, the older crowd is pretty large.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

A story from contact lens hell

I just had the most irritating conversation with a (former) patient today. He came marching in, took a look at the contact lens stock behind my desk, then told me he needs contact lenses. I started to explain that we sell them only by prescription, but he interrupted me and said we should have his prescription already.

Well, we last saw him for a routine, non-contact lens exam in 2000. And I tried to explain to him that I cannot use a 6 year old spectacle prescription for contact lenses. But he kept insisting that he wants exactly the same thing that's written down on the file and he wants contact lenses. He even thought he'd do me a favour and pay me $5 for my service. Five dollars!!! I told him to pay the doctor the full contact lens exam fee and I would waive the $5.

Needless to say, it turned into an argument. He insisted that I give him his prescription. I wrote it out with Expired in huge letters, and told him yet again that no one will fill it for contact lenses. He just didn't get it. :hammer:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    MLM,

The trouble is someone WILL fill it.

Bad address email on file Lynne's Avatar
    Come on, we all know that you only wanted to make $5.00 off him for the fit!!:)

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by fjpod
    MLM,

The trouble is someone WILL fill it.
    That's what scares me. But I don't have the right to withhold that Rx either.:(

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation

Its time for the staff to lock me in my office again!!

Because between stupid patients and stupid consumers I'm about at my wits end!! Ah well, its a short trip to over the edge for me!
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

CL Fitter/Optician/Mommy SarahMP584's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A lady calls another store about 5 miles from mine, and the manager answers the phone. The lady says that a man there adjusted her glasses and now the lens is cracked. Then she proceeds to say "Brandi says that you would replace the lens for free."

The manager says "well, M'am, I am brandi, and I have never spoken to you, and not only that, but NO MEN work at this store!"

It turns out she had it done at MY store, and even admited to my associate that she drops them OFTEN. :hammer:

This one is good too:
    My Associate, i love him dearly, he is a wonderful person but new to optical.
    on one of my few days off, he was doing a sale on a pt with about a -10.00 rx. Single vision. He calls the other store to see what he can do to make the lenses as thin as possible.

So, when the job comes in, I am sitting behind the lensometer, checking them in, and I look at the lens....The OD has a slab off!
    "I thought that would make it thinner!"
    I can understand him not knowing, but wouldnt the lab catch the fact that a slab off was requested for a SV lens, and CALL US TO ASK WHY????? :finger:

Thread Information