Have they no shame. . .??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have they no shame. . .??

The new Eyemed package for Martin Marietta had some interesting stuff in it. Under premium progressives they list Panamic, Comfort & the Natural. Under premium AR's they list Alize at a ridiculously low price. So who's bumping who?!? Is Luxottica looking to take over Essilor or is Essilor looking to take over Luxottica??

It was bad enough when they started showing up at Sam's, Costco, Dr's Vision Works, but this brought it to a head for us. We no longer offer Essilor products period! :finger:
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

Originally posted by Framebender
    The new Eyemed package for Martin Marietta had some interesting stuff in it. Under premium progressives they list Panamic, Comfort & the Natural. Under premium AR's they list Alize at a ridiculously low price. So who's bumping who?!? Is Luxottica looking to take over Essilor or is Essilor looking to take over Luxottica??

It was bad enough when they started showing up at Sam's, Costco, Dr's Vision Works, but this brought it to a head for us. We no longer offer Essilor products period! :finger:

CAll your local Shamir rep, great product and thus far for me GREAT service.

Comment

I agree with Cinders, I love Shamir.....great lenses. Far more superior than Essilor.

Comment

Have you no shame

I am not familiar with that particular contract but if if is like all the other Eye Med contracts :

All premium products are at your U & C less 20%. If you can't give a 20% discount off your U & C for premium products then you had better get out of managed care.

If you are saying there is a fixed fee for those items then it is a customized contract for MM and is OPTIONAL. You don't have to take it.

I think you are a bit confused or you are unfairly bashing Lux and Essilor.

Rep

Comment

I doubt very much that Essilor and/or Lux are buying one or the other. They are two organizations that have huge infrastructures and are no doubt feeding off one anothers success. It is not uncommon that the two largest companies in a given field that are not competing with one another with the products they offer are teaming up to make themselves stronger. No real huge suprises right?

Aaron

Comment

I have Oxford/Spectera (not a customized plan) and just got new glasses for which I paid the standard supplement for AR. For the low price, I was expecting some no-name AR, but was surprised and pleased that it came back with Crizal Alize. (they were definitely made in Spectera's lab, I went to an independent OD and tracked my order on Spectera's website). So if Essilor is in cahoots, they're in cahoots with many people.
            OD: -7.50 -1.25 x002 OS: -9.00
            Add: +1.25

Comment

Originally posted by aaron
              I doubt very much that Essilor and/or Lux are buying one or the other. They are two organizations that have huge infrastructures and are no doubt feeding off one anothers success. It is not uncommon that the two largest companies in a given field that are not competing with one another with the products they offer are teaming up to make themselves stronger. No real huge suprises right?

Aaron

Aaron your right, from what I m hearing L.C. has put a freeze on hiring, so they are not going to go buy another company at this time. From what I was told they are trying to keep there costs for Opticians and Stylists down so a lot of stores are running under staffed. Only what I have heard!

Comment

Originally posted by shellrob
                I agree with Cinders, I love Shamir.....great lenses. Far more superior than Essilor.

lol, far more superior lenses?

You may argue that Shamir is independent, and it has great lenses that equal that of Essilor's, but to say that the lenses are far more superior?

Comment

far more superior lenses? ..........................

Originally posted by For-Life
                  l
                  ol, far more superior lenses?
                  You may argue that Shamir is independent, and it has great lenses that equal that of Essilor's, but to say that the lenses are far more superior?
                  The say that Shamir is the largest suppliers of glass molds to the big corporation.

Thsi means that Shamir makes the curves for a certain lens before the purchasing corporation has even made a lens in a particular mold..

Comment

I got to see a COLTS report on different pals from my Shamir rep last Thurs. that showed the contour plots (sp?). I was pretty impressed with the data and saw the Genisis as compared against the Comfort, the Panamic, GP Wide, SolaOne and Zeiss GT.

The Genisis was almost identical to the Panamic. Maybe just the teensiest bit cleaner above the 180 line. Teensiest. The GP Wide and the Zeiss GT seemed to have the largest area of intermediate and reading. The SolaOne (which my dad wears and LOVES now, after wearing Pentax and Panamic) had alot of noise above the 180 which surprised me because we tried it out on several sola wearers and they loved it...said it had "less swim".

Call your local Shamir rep and ask for a look at that report. VERY interesting.

Comment

Thanks for the pros and the cons. . .

We sell alot of Shamir and alot of Hoya and a fair amount of Younger product as well. This was mainly just a vent for me, but I appreciate the comments and the criticism.

I understand that I have a right to pick and choose the Eyemed plans I participate in. Martin is a major player in the Denver metro area and I found it interesting that they can get Cizal Alize for a $67.00 copay. Since I know that Eyemed is trying to drive business to LensCrafters it started me wondering what they were paying for the coating as opposed to what I'm paying for the coating. Just one of those things that makes you go hmmmm.

I may be a bit confused. . .my wife calls it sometimers, but I'm still pretty sharp when it comes to money. You think I'm bashing your paycheck?? You have my apology.
                      Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

Comment

If they were really trying to drive business to Lenscrafters

We sell alot of Shamir and alot of Hoya and a fair amount of Younger product as well. This was mainly just a vent for me, but I appreciate the comments and the criticism.

I understand that I have a right to pick and choose the Eyemed plans I participate in. Martin is a major player in the Denver metro area and I found it interesting that they can get Cizal Alize for a $67.00 copay. Since I know that Eyemed is trying to drive business to LensCrafters it started me wondering what they were paying for the coating as opposed to what I'm paying for the coating. Just one of those things that makes you go hmmmm.

I may be a bit confused. . .my wife calls it sometimers, but I'm still pretty sharp when it comes to money. You think I'm bashing your paycheck?? You have my apology.
                        .....they would exclude you totally. That's the way it was when Lenscrafters was owned by US Shoe. No one else was allowed to participate in their managed care plans period. Only when Lux purchased them did they open it up to independents. They have done the same thing with ECPA and Cole plans.

The co-pay is only a part of your payment. As you well know you get a payment for the lens in addition to the co-pay.

Your not bashing my paycheck at all. Lenscrafters is my competition too. Every frame they sell is one I don't get comission on.

Rep
                        Last edited by rep; 04-23-2006, 09:00 PM.

Comment

And as far as Crizal Alize goes, it isn't even at the Crafters, nor do they recommend it. They have their own Scotchgard...

The copay doesn't seem out of line with Davis or many VSP plans.
                          "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Comment

The SolaOne (which my dad wears and LOVES now, after wearing Pentax and Panamic) had alot of noise above the 180 which surprised me because we tried it out on several sola wearers and they loved it...said it had "less swim".
                            Your father's very positive experience with SOLAOne, even in the face of such "evaluations," is a good example of the limitation of many optical comparisons that were not designed to assess the visual performance of the lens for the actual wearer. I discuss this a bit in several threads, including this thread, which elaborates on the results for SOLA lenses from one such evaluation that was recently published.
                            Darryl J. Meister, ABOM

Comment

It was a $40 add-on for AR on my plan, which is why I was so surprised I got Crizal Alize...
                              OD: -7.50 -1.25 x002 OS: -9.00
                              Add: +1.25

Comment

Working...
                              X