Hi:
I hope that someone wouldn't mind giving me advice re: my progressive lens. I am having difficulty with the near-vision of my progressive lens. This is a new prescription with Hoya Summit ECP lens in a rimless/hingeless Silhouette frame. My RX is:

Distance R +.75/-.5/080 (SPH/CYL/AXIS)
L +.75/-.5/110 (SPH/CYL/AXIS)

Reading Add R +2.50
L +2.50

PD: 31/30.5

My optician likes the Hoya because of the Trivex lens material, he thinks I was having some problems with the polycarb material in my prior prescription (they were Sola One's). These are sharp and clear for distance and intermediate, but the reading is really a challenge, as was the Sola One's, but these are much worse. It's almost like there is no reading area, or very small. I'm thinking of having a pair of RD's made to help with the near vision, and I think that will work well for computer/reading, but I was hoping to at least be able to read the back of a box of Wheatie's without looking for my RD's! My optician has also suggested that I might do better with regular bifocals (I'm assuming no line bifocals) instead of the progressives. My question is: is there a better solution than the Hoya Summit's for an all-around pair of glasses or is the bifocal's for me a better fit?

Thank you in advance for your assistance......this has been such a frustrating problem over the last two years!