If you have an edger and pondered getting into lens molding (a perfect combination for much more profitability and speedy service), your timing couldn't be better.

I have two modified FastCast (now Optical Dynamics) lens molding units that I need to part with.

In my previous practice, these progressive lenses (molds made by Shamir) were favored over all of the premium lenses available. When we relocated the practice, I made a special room in my basement and continued making D-28's and Progressives for not only my practice, but other practices as well.

My job now involves so much travel that I could no longer promise lenses on a timely basis, and if I can't continue doing the high calibur of business that I was used to, I refuse to do it at all, so here's your opportunity to get into this for much less than you might expect.

Great news...did you catch that the units were modified? Not only will the scratch resistant coating unit cure the coating, it will also cure the actual lens also, so all now in a compact size.

It gets even better...I may put my neck in a noose over this, but I worked with a chemist and also the fine folks at PPG and developed a monomer (the liquid state of the lenses before curing) that is VERY cost effecient...to the tune of $1.65 per pair!

You can now imagine the profitability of such a unit!

I plan on selling both curing units together as one is brand-spanking new (recently purchased for $12,000.00) and never even plugged in yet and will make an excellent back-up in case needed or also an opportunity to double production if you are a busy shop or multiple locations.

Also included are a ton of additional front & back molds and gaskets that I purchased a while back ($4,000.00) as well as enough monomer left over for another 130 pair of Progressives or D-28.

Range of powers is +4.00 - -4.00 with up to 2.00 cyl and fits in a compact total space of 24" wide, 30" deep and 62" tall in which the unit is atop a 5-drawer cabinet which stores the molds and gaskets.

These lenses can be A/R coated as a normal high index lense.

So simply put, my occupation as a Senior Consultant to optometric practices across the country doesn't allow me the flexibility I once had, so my loss is your gain.

If interested, feel free to post here or contact me at Bowmanconsult@aol.com as I plan on selling 'lock, stock & barrel' for half the cost of just a new patternless edger!

Don't wait too long!

Best Regards,

Tom Bowman