Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soft Contact Lens

Bad address email on file Visionz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jas256
    You've got to be kidding me! If people are having this much trouble fitting a soft lens, then WE ARE IN SERIOUS trouble. I sure as hell wouldn't want to go to that office. A freaking monkey can fit soft lenses with today's SiHy lenses - even toric patients.

I can't believe there was even this much discussion about bubbles,etc. Give me a break!
    Thanx for your helpful & positive input, keep up the good work jas.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Vision, try visiting these sites.....contactlens.org, allaboutvision.com, lens101.com. They might have the information you're looking for.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    VizionZ. E. Mail or go to website of theCLSA.com. Buy a book, read it you will know more than your "teacher" inside a week.

Chip

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionz
    I was never indangering anyone, just practicing on friends that are practicing with me, yes i have an horrible teacher never asked for one, so stop talking about me putting the public in danger. Say what you guys want to, i know how to do it now did it myself whoopty do right????, your just hating on me, you guys just want to start fights. Feel free to say anything, i don't care anymore, i just wanted some educated answers since i'm a beginner. Made a big mistake posting this question here. Keep laughing if it really makes you feel better, go ahead.

I think you've missed the point Visionz. I don't think people are laughing...it's actually rather sad that you can't seem to get proper training. I mentioned in my previous post that you should be reporting your instructor and supervisor to the powers that be. You should not have been taken on as a student if your supervisor isn't capable of well...supervising and guiding you through variouschallenges that you may come across. You need to let people know how horrible the system is.. and if enough complaints surface ...maybe they'll replace the instructor. But your comments about your lack of support on your end of things sounds only too familiar. Most people if asked will have similar stories... this is nothing new. Changes won't happen here on this forum... so ..you need to be more proactive in your immediate location.

No one is starting a fight here.... a debate ? ...perhaps. Giving you a bit of a rough time.... possibly. Try not to wear your heart on your sleeve... after all... you've only just begun... hang on for the ride.. if you think that a few comments thrown around on a forum is rough.
    Oh ! Was I being too Critical ? :finger:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Visionz, what I think everyone is trying to say is if something as basic as tightening and loosening a lens was not taught to you then you are not in a proper educated state to place lenses on a patients eye, friend or not.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am not qualified to fit contact lenses, and I hope you will all forgive me if I am speaking out of place, but I agree with the general sentiment that if you do not know the answer to these basic questions, you should be in the presence of someone who does. And if the person "teaching" you can't answer that question, you should seriously consider finding a new place to learn.

I was trained as a phlebotomist a few years back before I worked in a hospital lab. They do not let trainees go anywhere near a real patient with a needle until the training is complete, so we students had to practice our needlestick technique on each other. I still remember sitting in that chair with one of my classmates as he prepared to poke me in the arm, it was his first needlestick ever. I was scared stiff. If we had not had a very qualified instructor sitting right there watching his every move I would not have allowed it, even if he was my best friend.

I feel the same way about someone fitting me with contacts. If they don't know how to do it, there had d*mn well better be someone present who does know how to do it. If you dont know how, then find someone who does to supervise!

*** And to clarify, I find nothing wrong with Visionz's asking of these fitting questions. What concerns me is that the person teaching Visionz is apparently unable to teach simple techniques to his/her students. That is a serious concern that could affect the health of many patient's eyes later down the road.
    Last edited by Lady Nicole; 04-05-2006 at 06:52 PM.
    It's like being a travel agent... I help people see the world!

Thread Information