I recently attended the launch for Varilux Physio here in the UK and during 2 days of being thoroughly looked after by Essilor, enjoying, fine food, entertainment, drunkeness and horse racing at cheltenham festival somehwere in there they mangaed to fit in a presentation regarding this new lens technology.:cheers:
I have to say that it does look pretty special, mapping wavefronts through both surfaces and surfacing both surfaces to reduce coma and other high order abberations etc....all very clever stuff. All the Essilor staff at the event were saying that this was just the tip of the iceberg and that they have only just begun to understand the capabilities of this new technology, which they have 5 seperate patents for.
Anyways I was just wondering what sort of reception this lens has received elsewhere as im sure that other countries have already been using it before us. Are you getting good responses from PXs using the lens and is it really as good as they say it is?
Anything else I ought to know before I start dispensing them to all our Panamic wearers?