Thread: Innovations and rxt file

Bad address email on file

Innovations and rxt file

I have set Innovations to record RXT files with the idea of having the information of some especial jobs out of the database for future use like when the customer comes to repair a lens.

Innovations record the RXT file in outgoing directory but with a number different from the one of the job (1,2,3,etc) and seems to record only the last 10 jobs.
    1- Is there a way to make it set the name of the RXT file same as the job number?

On this cases i also want to save the pattern of that order and i do it exporting to OMA manually.
    Is there a way to set it to export to OMA every pattern (trace) that is received from the tracer?

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Archive

If you assign each job a unique RX number, you can just turn on archiving, and retreive any job by RX number in the future. Wouldn't that be a lot easier?

Bad address email on file
    Quote Originally Posted by shanbaum
    If you assign each job a unique RX number, you can just turn on archiving, and retreive any job by RX number in the future. Wouldn't that be a lot easier?
    That is one way i did not know and will study on the manual how it is done.

Computers are great but there are disaster once in a while. I do backups frecuently on a second harddisk (clone of the main one) and even have spare computer identical to the one used on innovations waiting to receive this second disk and start.

This was a request of one experienced employee that do hole mount frames all day long and consider valuable this information. Thought that way as a replacement for the drawer full of paper he has of every job he has made. This is a very special person, responsable, accurate, honest, etc. but likes to do the job alone. Does not like to share anything or depend of anyone.

Once i had a Rxt file, rename it to Rxi and placed it on incoming directory and it was included in the jobs database by file manager. Same as OMA file.

and having those special jobs in a small individual file (RXT and OMA) files is a way to keep the information on certain jobs, in a safe place.

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Obviously, backing up your system is a real good idea.

Backup the Data, Archive, and Ticket folders. They contain all job-related data.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Thumbs up Memory stick............

Quote Originally Posted by gola
    I do backups frecuently on a second harddisk (clone of the main one) and even have spare computer identical to the one used on innovations waiting to receive this second disk and start.
    Use one of those memory sticks that go into the USB plugs to make the backup so you are independent of the computer in case of a crash.

Software Engineer NetPriva.com mirage2k2's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    Use one of those memory sticks that go into the USB ....
    copy to another machine or cd as well. If your machine happens to crash whilst reading/writing USB memory sticks they can get wiped/damaged

Thread Information