Thread: 500 Optical Websites Now Listed..................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper 500 Optical Websites Now Listed..................

This morning at 5am it happened....................I listed the 500th site on my listing at

http://optochemicals.com/web_ratings.htm

Last April, soon a year ago some optiboard members challenged me to set up a listing of websites that everybody could use as a general refence when wearching and looking for product or suppliers for anything in the optical trade.

I thought that this was a good idea............I had my own website and just had to add another page. Out of self interest I also set it up to see how successful my own site was, compared to all the others by listing them according to Alexa traffic ratings.
    Best site has lowest number = ZEISS. and of all the optical forums = Optiboard

It was no hard job to add the sites thanks to many optiboard members, out of which Rinselberg gets the highest rating as supply master. The big job is the upkeep of the site which takes hours and hours of correcting and updating as many of sites get better or worse ratings as time goes by.

My own statisrics show that this listing page has become extremely popular, because a lot of visitors to the listing page are looking for information and or products..............but also other website owners that want to know how they compare to their competition. There are some websites that had poor ratings, and then suddenly are jumping up the rankings every time I update.

Google did not like this page and cut off my website indexing that had been on top rankings with them at 100 %, and my site disapeared on Google searches last September. However things got straightened out and they have since embraced my site again, after finding out that traffic to my site only dropped 18% without Google.

Anyhow, I will continue adding links whenever they pop up, or some optiboarders e-mail them to me. This list was done without any commercial profit in mind, just a a contribution to optiboard members to whom the need for such a listing seemed to be important and useful.

And if you have a chance look over my own website which still ranks number 5 out of a total 500 of as today:

Best regards, :cheers:
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 03-02-2006 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information