Thread: High Index lens used at Pearl Vision?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoard Apprentice

High Index lens used at Pearl Vision?

Hi everyone, I am new here as you guys can tell. Well I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any responses in part or full. I have had the same eye glasses for a couple of years now and would like to get new glasses but more importantly I would also like to get High Index material put in them. I have USED THE SEARCH ENGINE in this forum but unfortunately I could not find my answers.

I would like to go to Pearl Vision and buy my glasses. About 5 years ago when I bought my High Index lenses they were supplied by Gentex. Does anyone know who Pearl Vision goes through now? Do they get their lenses from Hoya?

At Pearl Vision for High Index lenses they offer ( PearleTHIN Plus Invisilens ) as their thinnest lenses. Does anyone know what the index is for that lens? Is it 1.67 or less?

Thank you

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why not try the folks at your local Pearle Vision Center?
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Good question hcjilson, I actually went to a store just looking around and asked the lady there. Her response was maybe Hoya but she wasn't sure. She asked the other employee and he said he wasn't sure either. From what they both stated was that they no longer have the lab at the store and all the work is done now from other locations.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by New2opti
    Good question hcjilson, I actually went to a store just looking around and asked the lady there. Her response was maybe Hoya but she wasn't sure. She asked the other employee and he said he wasn't sure either. From what they both stated was that they no longer have the lab at the store and all the work is done now from other locations.
    personally,i would go to an optician who was aware of this fairly basic information,if the people who work there dont know then i would not trust them with making up my glasses.
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was thinking the same thing. Part of what you pay for when buying a lens is the skill of the optician, if you are being helped by someone who isnt even familiar with what they are supplying you how are they to know its the best choice for you and are they aware of any fitting quirks from material to material. I know this may sound rude but perhaps you are barking up the wrong tree and a visit to your local private practice may turn out to be your best move. I would encourage you to try that....btw what is your reason for going to a pearle anyhow?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Thanks for the responses. No you were not rude and I totally agree with all your responses. Actually the pearl vision I visited wasn't the one I was going to place my order from. I was just in the area and saw a pearl and just went in. The reason I was going to choose Pearl Vision was because 5-6 years ago when I purchased my glasses I was told by several people they offered a good type of lens which I believe was made by Gentex. Not sure who they use now. From reading this board and other articles online it seems that there are several choices now. I will be shopping around for sure.

Thread Information