Thread: Please Offer Suggestions re PAL's for Larry

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Question Please Offer Suggestions re PAL's for Larry

I would really appreciate some guidance on what type of PAL's to get for my upcoming glasses (brand, lens material and index, lens size constraints, etc.). I have had Rodenstock Multigressives and Varilux Panamic in the past that I liked, Essilor Ovations that I don't due to a very abrupt transiton from intermediate portion of lens to the side. My prioritiy is great visual acuity vs stylishness or cost. I tend to be very picky and drive my optician nuts at times. I read 2 to 3 hours a day and spend a couple of hours at the computer a day. I drive about an hour a day. I am open for getting more than one pair of glasses but would prefer to have only one if practical. Sorry for being vague and "stupid", but I'm just a consumer and don't know all the right questions to ask. I just want to be able to see clearly and don't care a lot about cost. Any guidance at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the wonderful comments that I found on this board (just found it yesterday).

My probable Rx (I am going for a new Rx tomorrow, Feb 20):

OD -8.75 +2.75 9 Add +2.50
    OS -5.75 +2.25 163 Add +2.50

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please refer to the OptiBoard posting guidelines before posting further.

Consumers are allowed to post on the Board, as long as the posts concern general eyecare related topics. However please be aware that any questions that involve diagnosing specific eyecare and eyewear problems are not appropriate for an online discussion forum. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation. Posts asking for diagnostic help will be closed or removed.

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    I'm very sorry for the perception of violating the posting rules. I thought I worded my request for help in such a way that "professionals" would be able to respond very freely in any manner they thought would be helpful to me as I talk with my optician. Again, sorry. I intended my request to encourage thoughtful responses from those who wanted to help me, not to incite a flame war about posting practices.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Wrong place, wrong time. No offense meant.

You can search the forum and read all sorts of information about progressives, and learn a lot! This is a great forum loaded with information.

We have restrictions about practicing "on-line" on a case-by-case basis, because it really can't be done properly this way. Since we care, we have to draw the line somewhere.

Read up, and take your educated questions to your practitioner, who is sure to help you with specifics to your case, that we could never know on-line.

Truthfully, in the past this was not adhered to, and it became a confusing mess for folks like yourself. No opinion is better than fifty conflicting opinions from blind men feeling different parts of your elephant body. You know what I mean.:)

Thread Information