This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help With Glasses

I just bought a pair of totally rimless 122 frames from costco. Call me crazy but they don't seem to be even. The right lens is nice and straight, the left one seems to be pointing up on the far left. Also when I look at the frames from the top, the right lense is about 3-4 mm infront of the left one. I can post pics to show what I mean. Would this warrent an exchange or something? I like the right side of the glasses but not the left !! Please Advise

Originally posted by jj300
    ...Please Advise
    Buy your glasses from an independant licensed (or ABO certified) optician.
    ...Just ask me...

Comment

I just bought a pair of totally rimless 122 frames from costco. Call me crazy but they don't seem to be even. The right lens is nice and straight, the left one seems to be pointing up on the far left. Also when I look at the frames from the top, the right lense is about 3-4 mm infront of the left one. I can post pics to show what I mean. Would this warrent an exchange or something? I like the right side of the glasses but not the left !! Please Advise
      take em back, with your concerns. Dont be rude, and see what happens

Comment

I'll post pictures later on today to show what I mean. It just seems that maybe they were bent too much, also the guy who adjusted them bend the sides of the glasses that have the flex metal in them, now they have a little indent instead of a straight line. Will show this also.

Comment

You goes to the cheapest place you gets the cheapest product done by the cheapest help.

Comment

I'll post pictures later on today to show what I mean. It just seems that maybe they were bent too much, also the guy who adjusted them bend the sides of the glasses that have the flex metal in them, now they have a little indent instead of a straight line. Will show this also.
            They are either right or not in terms of geometry/lens shape/rotation, side angles etc. If they fit you when they look (or are) "geometrically correct" is a different issue completley

Comment

I just bought a pair of totally rimless 122 frames from costco. Call me crazy...
              jj300:

Allow me...

YOU ARE MOST DEFINITELY CRAZY!!

Anything else I can do for you?:bbg:
              Last edited by Johns; 02-15-2006, 05:07 PM. Reason: Seemed like a good thing to do
              Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Not that I am for corporate eyecare, but as far as Costco goes, at least ALL their opticians are ABO or state certified. Even in non licensed states.

It sounds like the person either didn't too great of a job adjusting, or that it is possible that the drill holes aren't in symmetrical places on each lens.

Costco can fix either of these issues.

Cassandra
                "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Comment

Take 'em back...

No, you arent crazy, they most likely ARE bent or out of alignment. No, I don't think it warrants an exchange, it probably just needs adjustment. Take them back to costco and let the opticians there work on them.

And may I say, you're going to find as you browse through the board that many posters on Optiboard don't have a high opinion of discount chains like Costco. I agree with Chip's comments, cheaper price means cheaper quality. While I do appreciate that you want to get the best deal possible, I would encourage you to get the best deal without compromising the quality of the product and service you ultimately recieve. No one should have to turn to the internet because their glasses are not adjusted properly. I just find that disturbing.
                  It's like being a travel agent... I help people see the world!

Comment

Answer me this. As a rule, are your "best and brightest" of any profession offering low, low price, discounted services and working Saturday night at 8 pm? I don't think so.
                    Every now and then you might get lucky and find a true pro (an Optician, who knows how to "make", repair, adapt, and take care of eyewear like a craftsman) who's biding his time at one of these places, waiting for a much better position that he/she will get. Its the rare exception. We all know it. The consumer learns it the hard way.
                    If its too good to be true (in this case- price and quality), it isn't true.
                    I know these 2 guys who paint home interiors. Their work is impecable. They have a great reputation in town. They have all these hand done finishes, a drip mark is unheard of. They leave the job cleaner than when they got there, they're time efficient. They change their paper booties over their shoes every time they leave the house and come back in. The list goes on... They charge a little more than the normal going rate, I think 20-25 per cent more. They have a waiting list for clients. They are worth it, so are we.
                    Last edited by Specs; 02-15-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

If I had $500 to spend on a pair of glasses I would def go to a speciality place. However, money is really tight when you are in college. Here are the pics, I think you can see one lense further in than the other, one lens seems to be driled a little lower than the other, making the lens higher than the other one. Not a lot but I can see it. What do you guys think?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gfinge...=/83dd&.src=ph

Comment

Drilling done wrong, a pair of glasses like this or similar design could be done in single vision for $200~$300 or less at a less than high end quality optical shop.

As for your immeadate problem take them back and fuss a little ask for a re-make or a refund.

Comment

Would the drilling change depending on your prescription? mine reads
                          -1 -25 180
                          -1 -25 160

Comment

no.

Comment

Would the drilling change depending on your prescription? mine reads
                              -1 -25 180
                              -1 -25 160
                              JJ,
                              We have all said that you should take them back to the optician, so why haven't you done that?

Would you be asking us if you should take back a TV with a slanted screen? It would already be gone. Why are your glasses any different?

TAKE THEM BACK!
                              ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Working...
                              X