Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: glasses cancellation policy?

Bad address email on file k12311997's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ok so how about everyone that reads this board (with the notable exception of the unfortunates that work there) go buy a pair of glasses and return it 5 times from every lens shafters in a 10 mile radius. That should be enough to make them reconsider the policy.

as for our office every situation is evaluated individually,but there are no refunds. All patients are made to understand eyeglasses are a custom item and not returnable.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Solution...........

Quote Originally Posted by k12311997
    ...................but there are no refunds. All patients are made to understand eyeglasses are a custom item and not returnable.
    That sounds like the perfect solution.

Optical Chemical Manufacturer
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Arrow Response to Returns

Your frustration is common among independent retail establishments. There are a few things to consider.
    1. Does the state in which you practice have a "stated" policy on returns and refunds? example 7 days signs with 1 inch letters, etc
    2. What level of service is your product priced for? Hi price and Hi service or Low price and Low service Refund is a service
    3. Are there requirements of an insurance plan or other plan that affect your return policy?
    Consider the following which can be sucessful.

Create a simple handout given with each contact and each purchase which describes: Who you firm is. What you do. Professional designations. What makes shopping with you different and better. Your return policy.

The written policy included with the purchase tends to limit the requests for returns.

In a previous life prior to being a manufacturer in the optical industry. I used to speak on business survival to retailers in several different industries.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    [QUOTE=Jubilee]While I would love to bash LC, the policy to my knowledge and my husband's (since he still works there) is that all returns are placed into the Gift OF Sight collection bin.

I returned a pair of glasses to Lenscrafters last year because after several redos-I could still not see out of the lenses-turns out they had my astigmatism correction entered wrong in the computer-but by the time we figured this out, I was so disgusted I just wanted my money back.
    While I was waiting for the manager to make out my refund check, I saw the optician take the lenses out of my frame, and put the frame back on the shelf right in front of me and other prospective customers--she didn't even wipe them off with anything, like maybe a germ killing wipe!! The frame went into almost the exact same spot as where I had found it originally.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yea, that's disgusting.

Thread Information