Thread: college football and optics

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

college football and optics

Just out of curiosity are there any good opticians in the penn state area who could offer their services to Joe Paterno?? I'm currently watching the Orange Bowl with the family and it drives me nuts to look at Joepa. Bobby Bowden is sporting some nice new specs and then theres Joe wearing a 1970 Zyl frame with his cr39 +8.00 or so it looks. Does this bother anyone else or have i just been an optician to long??

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Used to bugg me to see the Republican National Convention and see all those millionaires get introduced to speak get up and have lousy glasses, fitted poorly. Finally wrote same and suggested that they find a good optician (preferably Republican) in the home town of convention each time. Have him rehab glasses and be on floor for emergency adjustments. I think they did same.

Chip

As to Joe Patero: There are some old men who think they need big glasses to see well and you can't change thier mind. Besides I think he is a Yankee Democrat, no hope for him.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was just talking about that on Pete's thread. You would think that with all the money JoePa makes...

But Chip has a point. I have know numerous people in the D.C. area when I was there that had more omney in pocket change than most of us have in the bank, and they NEVER spend a dime on glasses!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Rising Star
    Looks like someone should offer to give him lasik surgery. He sure would look a lot younger!

I thought the way he way pacing up and down the sidelines he was going to keel over from all that exercise.

Sure was a good game. I am glad he had a great season!!!!
    :)

OptiBoard Professional sharon m./ aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry Big Specs

I'M GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE BOTHERED BY UGLY-*** GLASSES. SADAM HUSSEINS BOTHER ME.
    sharon

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Being in the Central PA area and seeing Joepa all the time and seeing his demeanor...he doesn't give a flying Lion a snow ball chance in 7734. His glasses appear to be glass-PGX in a Safilo ELASTA frame. He is a stubborn Italian. Joe PA's kid-Scott, ran for Congress as PA-R last year and was defeated even though Joepa was his DAD. Shame on his OD & optician for not improving his image. He needs AR, stylish frames and aspheric lenses.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Let's see, coach who never wants to step down; check.
    Coach who only let's seniors start; check
    Coach who keeps it "in the family"; check
    Highwater pants; check
    White socks; check
    Black athletic shoes; check
    White shirt and dark tie, both rumpled; check
    "Penn State" windbreaker/parka; check
    +8.00 PGX FT-28 with Elasta Zyl frame; check.

Hmm, I see a pattern, there. I though the world would shatter when he let the OC do his job this year.

Thread Information