Thread: RUDENESS on this board

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

RUDENESS on this board

Hey Mods,

Since I've been on the board, I've met up with nothing but rudeness.
    I'll not be back. Please delete my membership.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Sorry you feel that way....

I've read and responded to the thread in question. If you wish to be deleted from Optiboard I will be happy to accomodate in response to your PM or email.I would suggest however, if indeed your request for knowledge was sincere, that you follow the advice given by drk, and use our search engine to research the answers. Then if you need clarification, proceed with ONE topic at a time- rather than all the things you listed. You can only use the search engine if you are registered and rather than drop you in a fit of pique, give you the opportunity to take a longer look at this group. nuff said.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson
    I've read and responded to the thread in question. If you wish to be deleted from Optiboard I will be happy to accomodate in response to your PM or email.I would suggest however, if indeed your request for knowledge was sincere, that you follow the advice given by drk, and use our search engine to research the answers. Then if you need clarification, proceed with ONE topic at a time- rather than all the things you listed. You can only use the search engine if you are registered and rather than drop you in a fit of pique, give you the opportunity to take a longer look at this group. nuff said.
    ________
    While I appreciate your response, I certainly did not post this in a fit of pique. I posted this because those posters were downright rude. Other forums I'am on has rules about folks being respectful to one another.
    I can understand that while they who posted their ' opinions ' of my thread topic maybe had good intentions were also very rude. I was not looking for that. I was frankly surprised at their rudeness. I'am not by far unlearned in Opticianary, I'am just rusty for goodness sakes.
    I will not proceed with deletion at this time , but will utilize the search engines for myself, but will certainly not post any longer.
    um... nuff said. ;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Time zones are against us. Would have happily responded to a more segmented question(s)

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wow

Jewel,

WOW! I just read the rude posts from the topic you created. I am new to this board and I personally would like to apologize for the rudeness of the fellow posters!!!

I myself experienced rudeness when I first started posting and still do from time to time. I also know several members who no longer post because they don’t want to deal with the rudeness from some of the posters on this board.

But, as in life, you just have to change your attitude about it and see it for what it really is. I am not defending them, but we do need to take in consideration that there are a lot of members on this board and a lot of personalities to deal with. Some have great personalities and some are poor. It’s quite a mixture!! There are also a lot of burn outs with huge egos on this board and it really shines when you read their posts.

I want to tell you that I feel it was the right of you to make it known about the rudeness and hopefully the moderators will see it (in the furture when it happens) step up to the plate and clean this board up a bit so that people can feel comfortable about posting. There are great MD, OD, & Opticians (along with people in general) out there that would like to contribute but don’t because of the experience you had, it’s a real shame because they have tons of useful knowledge vs. egos and hot steam.

Please do me a favor, don’t leave. Be the bigger person and accept it as a challenge and help out with cleaning up this board and making it a better place to be. Kill them with kindness or simply just ignore them.. lol

:D

P.S. I know I will get a lot of crap for this post, but I can tell you right now, I truly don’t care!

Make a difference!
    Last edited by Snitgirl; 12-07-2005 at 02:13 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl
    Jewel,

WOW! I just read the rude posts from the topic you created. I am new to this board and I personally would like to apologize for the rudeness of the fellow posters!!!

I myself experienced rudeness when I first started posting and still do from time to time. I also know several members who no longer post because they don’t want to deal with the rudeness from some of the posters on this board.

But, as in life, you just have to change your attitude about it and see it for what it really is. I am not defending them, but we do need to take in consideration that there are a lot of members on this board and a lot of personalities to deal with. Some have great personalities and some are poor. It’s quite a mixture!! There are also a lot of burn outs with huge egos on this board and it really shines when you read their posts.

I want to tell you that I feel it was the right of you to make it known about the rudeness and hopefully the moderators will see it (in the furture when it happens) step up to the plate and clean this board up a bit so that people can feel comfortable about posting. There are great MD, OD, & Opticians (along with people in general) out there that would like to contribute but don’t because of the experience you had, it’s a real shame because they have tons of useful knowledge vs. egos and hot steam.

Please do me a favor, don’t leave. Be the bigger person and accept it as a challenge and help out with cleaning up this board and making it a better place to be. Kill them with kindness or simply just ignore them.. lol

P.S. I know I will get a lot of slack for this post, but I can tell you right now, I truly don’t care!

Make a difference!

Hi Snitgirl,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I plan on sticking around for a little while and learning what I can from those on here that are more learned then I. I also appreciate your appology for the others. Of course that was unnecessary as it should fall on them to do so, but nevertheless , thanks.

It seems that with some folks, the more knowledge they obtain, the more puffed up they become. They are proud of their knowledge ( and its justly so) , but to be proud of the knowledge they obtain and to be humble and kind seem to be hard to put on the same plate for these folks. I want and hope to obtain more knowledge in the future AND be humble and thankful that I'm able to do so. Because this business is about helping people, not really about us ( it is as far as monitary gain and personal accomplishment) but in helping pt's vision to be healthy , proper eyecare and to have proper eyewear.

I know that where there are people there is diversity, for sure. ;)
    Thanks again for your support. Its a shame if you do get slack, because what you've said is very true. Those in the forest can't see for the trees.

jewel

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel
    Hi Snitgirl,

I know that where there are people there is diversity, for sure. ;)
    Thanks again for your support. Its a shame if you do get slack, because what you've said is very true. Those in the forest can't see for the trees.

jewel
    Anyone giving Snitgirl some slack, is definitely barking up the wrong tree!
    :D :D

right Snitgirl???
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson
    Anyone giving Snitgirl some slack, is definitely barking up the wrong tree!
    :D :D

right Snitgirl???
    :bbg: :bbg:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl
    Jewel,

P.S. I know I will get a lot of crap for this post, but I can tell you right now, I truly don’t care!

Make a difference!
    Well said girl.

Remember, don't take people from their post, just that's their way of replying.They may be helpful people in reality.
    I have been taken as rude poster because english is my third language.
    So understanding people is important.

i hope you will remain with us.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Jewel,
    I read the posts and can understand your frustrations.

As I read the posts the one that stands out is Darryl's and the professional manner in which he answered it.

I realize that the Optiboard is used for discussion of new subjects and news events relative to what is happening in the industry. But what better place to ask questions and get answers to things you do not know.

The only dumb question is the one you do not ask if you do not know the answer.

Jerry

Thread Information