Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photochromic properties in high index glass...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photochromic properties in high index glass...

Since I've only relatively recently learned that photochromic properties can vary in plastic high index materials, does the same principle apply to high index glass materials?

To wit: a patient is not as "photochromically happy" with his 1.6 glass Varilux Comfort PGX vs. his crown SV PGX. Does he have a point?

try this link - there is a lot of difference - there are charts denoting the difference in this document

http://www.norville.co.uk/pdfs/part2.pdf

Comment

Nice link, friend.

Comment

Originally posted by drk
        Since I've only relatively recently learned that photochromic properties can vary in plastic high index materials, does the same principle apply to high index glass materials?

To wit: a patient is not as "photochromically happy" with his 1.6 glass Varilux Comfort PGX vs. his crown SV PGX. Does he have a point?
        In addition to differences in photochromic properties of different kinds of glass, there is the difference in how the glass is hardened...chemically or case hardened(heat). If I remember right, case hardened photogrey gets darker outside, but stays darker indoors.

Comment

Working...
        X