• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig.....

Comment

Originally posted by QDO1
      The easiest way to do that is to:

1. Email yourself (to your work PC) the long account code SETI sent you mine looks like this: Account Key: 1dg9e8372bdb35bf7021fc5a86b57k59
      2. Download the BOINK software onto each PC
      3. Run the BOINK set up
      4. Attach top SETI project using the same URL as today
      5. Paste the code in (no need for a user name or anything else)
      6. Dont merge the computers

Merging the computers is used when you upgrade a PC, and it shows twice on your computer list. Each computer does its own work, and makes its own contribution

If your PC is doing some work, leave it, you are set up properly. Assuming you have an always on internet connection, it will just get more work when it needs to. I dont know how BOINK works with dial up
      Should I hide my computers?
      I have done as I have noticed you do.

What is the differene? Is it safer?

Comment

Originally posted by rsandr
        Should I hide my computers?
        I have done as I have noticed you do.

What is the differene? Is it safer?
        I did, because my email address, is accociated with my computers on SETI. My email address has been used online with my home address. so I dont want to advertize a powerful computer or two, or three, with my home address.. you know what I mean

Comment

One of my PC's wont boinc, there is no info on any of the screens and it wont connect, any ideas?

Comment

Go to the commands menu and click on retry communications......what type of message do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
              Go to the commands menu and click on retry communications......what type of message do you get?
              It says 'cant connect to a client, wanna retry?'

Its a shame cos its my best computer and for a time it looked like I may catch you up!

Comment

You could try and Re-Attach to the project.......select Projects from the menu...and then when prompted type in http://setiathome.berkeley.edu.

Comment

You could try and Re-Attach to the project.......select Projects from the menu...and then when prompted type in http://setiathome.berkeley.edu.
                  It says I am not connected to a computer and prompts me to go to file-select computer.
                  I have entered localhost is this correct?

Comment

In the File-Select Computer,leaving it blank is usually best........But in some instances certain firewalls will require you to type in localhost. I had a prob a bit back similar to this and all i did was reboot and relaunch the Boinc and it resumed with no prob.

Comment

In the File-Select Computer,leaving it blank is usually best........But in some instances certain firewalls will require you to type in localhost. I had a prob a bit back similar to this and all i did was reboot and relaunch the Boinc and it resumed with no prob.
                      I have tried the above, I guess I will reinstall and see if that helps.

Comment

We broke the 100,000 credit mark.. thats a big mile stone that I thought would take a year or so! Well done.

Any one else want to join in... just click the join here part of my post below

Comment

Is this project dying...................?

Comment

Wonder where the illustrious leader (QDO1) has been of late.

Haven't seen a QDO1 post in months.

I have been running both Einstein@home (search for gravity waves) and SETI@home on a new Mac mini with the "IntelCoreDuo" architecture. I've been running the latest Intel-target software versions and it's really ripping through those work units - for both applications. If I only wanted to do the SETI, I would have joined the OptiBoard team.

I posted about these BOINC "science at home" applications - hoping to attract more volunteers ...
                            Last edited by rinselberg; 06-20-2006, 08:41 AM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Comment

Hmmmph.....with the exception of Rick seems as though everyone else has stopped. Maybe it has to do with the longer WU's.....i dont blame people for not wanting to give up that much cpu time.I myself am running running it on one of my P 3.4 HT's and have been thinking of shutting one of the cores down as of late. Why not join the team?.......

Comment

Hello, Sean

If I joined the OptiBoard SETI team, I would have to run SETI only, and not any of the other BOINC projects.

I like running some of the other projects, such as the "Einstein" gravity wave experiment.

Yours truly
                                Last edited by rinselberg; 06-21-2006, 06:50 AM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Comment

Working...
                                X