Thread: Which is worse- TO or McNabb?

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Which is worse- TO or McNabb?

I'm sorry- I mean, I realize TO is pretty much a jerk (and I'm thankful Coach Dungy doesn't tend to tolerate or even bring idiots like him on board). However, Donovan McNabb has to be the most coddled player in the NFL.

Let's think about this. The reason the Eagles have tabled the best athlete on their team is because he likes to mouth off about Donovan McNabb. Big friggin' deal! There's all sorts of manly- scratch that- adult ways that Donovan could handle this:
    1.) simply ignore him
    2.) confront him in the locker room and ask if he wishes to "step outside"
    3.) hold a press conference, tell the world TOs a jerk, and get over it

McNabb, however, has proven himself incapable of handling criticism. Heck, his father even elevated TOs comments to the status of "black on black crime." What?!? You're comparing the criticism of your son to the murder of inner city youths by gangs? Get a life, sir.

Anyway, the Eagles will keep TO away from the team (although if you listen to the interviews of most Eagles who are NOT named McNabb, it seems pretty obvious they want their team-mate back). Of course, the player's union will probably successfully lobby to get him back on some team this year- although I can't wait to see who is stupid enough to take on this trainwreck.

My suggestion- TO should find a team with a QB who has grown up to be a man. Someone who has a thick skin. Then, he can spew his ignorant rants and not have to worry about the team's prima dona getting so disturbed that the coach has no choice but to can him.

At this point, all I can say is "Thank god I'm not an Eagles fan." The worst mouth on the Colts team belongs to their liquored up kicker!

Phew, that felt good. I know- send TO up to New England!!!! :)
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    However, If I remember correctly, this isn't the first team that had these kinds of problems with TO. I agree that McNabb is the most spoiled player I've ever seen, but TO seems to be his own worst enemy. That being said, isn't this another example of a high school/college/pro system that turns a blind eye to the behavior of talented athletes in return for the increases in attendance and money? When we expect them to behave like adults, they don't know how. Why else would we need "no bling" rules for the NBA and "taunting" penalties in the NFL?
    Last edited by Judy Canty; 11-11-2005 at 08:58 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Unfortunately, I am an Eagles fan. I think you folks may be misinformed. TO has been bad-mouthing McNabb all year - ever since McNabb didn't support TO's money-grab - and McNabb has been mature about it. He has not once said a negative thing about TO. It was only after TO trashed management and ownership that he was suspended. Most of the team supports McNabb. Sure, they'd like to have TO on the field, but they want his crap to stop. Do you remember that preseason TO said something to the effect of "they're not going to pay me what I think I'm worth? Maybe I'll play to the level that they're paying me". TO is an incredible receiver, and the Eagles are NOT as good without him. But I'll choose Donny over TO, if only one can stay.

What makes you say McNabb is spoiled? Is the only reason TO?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin
    My suggestion- TO should find a team with a QB who has grown up to be a man.
    I'll trade TO for Marvin Harrison any time! :)
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Wow. I don't see any comparison between McNabb and T.O.

McNabb operates well within the boundaries of run of the mill spoiled athlete--this is the rule, not the exception unfortunately. But T.O. is a head case. How about shutting up and playing the game? He has to be in the spotlight, has to be reassured he is valued. Hell if I made that kind of money, you could "disrespect" me (and when did this become a word??) til the cows come home.

Thread Information