Thread: Merry FITZMAS!!!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Merry FITZMAS!!!!

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/practice.htm

Top Cheney aide Libby indicted, quits post :cheers:
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I'm not entirely comfortable with this. Though this guy is no Ken Starr--meaning he appears to be non-partisan and sane--there is still something about this whole special prosecutor thing that bothers me. That said, I predict there is a lot more here that will come--otherwise Scooter Libby is the stupidest person alive, why fall on your sword if there's nothing to hide? He had to know his lies would come out. (OK, I am assuming the indictments are true, mea culpa if they prove not to be.)

As a grown man if you insist on a name like "Scooter", well you are just asking for it!!;)

This Fitz guy is very Elliot Ness (Kevin Costner version thereof though not quite as cute!)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    ...why fall on your sword if there's nothing to hide? He had to know his lies would come out.
    Assuming he's guilty of the charges he faces--meaning that he lied under oath about the conversations with Miller and Cooper in regards to Wilson's wife and her CIA status--he would have gotten away with it if Fitzgerald hadn't been able to convince Miller and Cooper to testify openly about what information they received from Libby (and Rove, in Cooper's case).

So, in contradiction to the story that Miller in particular was some First Amendment warrior, protecting her source's confidentiality (and the freedome of the press by extension) and even to go to prison to preserve it, Libby was actually counting on their ethics protecting him from his lies.

I'm no legal expert, but the logical thing seems to be that Libby's obstruction of the investigation prevented more charges from being filed. So far.

Thread Information