Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who are the most intellegent, men or women?

Bad address email on file finklstiltskin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker
    In what areas of human endeavor do we find a majority of women? What is the predominant sex of winners of the Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes or Fullbright Scholorships? How many major business enterprises have been started or are now led by women. How do women fare in the political or diplomatic arena?

I rest my case.

What exactly is your case?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In what areas of human endeavor do we find a majority of women? What is the predominant sex of winners of the Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes or Fullbright Scholorships? How many major business enterprises have been started or are now led by women. How do women fare in the political or diplomatic arena?

I rest my case.
    err well on my DO course 2 men and 40 women qualified as Opticians, but the intake was much higher. Seems that women are choosing the carear, as the intake although much higher was basically in the same proportion too

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I rest my case.
    There's a theory that women don't feel the need to excel as men do, because they can accomplish something that no man can ever accomplish - bear children.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    QDO1 said:

“err well on my DO course 2 men and 40 women qualified as Opticians, but the intake was much higher. Seems that women are choosing the carear, as the intake although much higher was basically in the same proportion too”

Thereby placing the UK’s DO course on the same level as winning a Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes or Fullbright Scholorships. Holy Mackinaw Andy, we sure have a long way to go here in the Colonies before we can reach your level of respect.

Actually, I want to agree with you and echo that you will find similar ratios among hairdressers, dog groomers’ home health aids and waitresses but I am afraid that someone will draw a wrong conclusion.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by QDO1
    More than 90% of the world's geniuses are men. Does this mean that men are more intelligent?

Please dont throw rocks at me, its just an observation...
    When the popolation ratio of woman to men is 3-1:D

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

uh, wait a second

[QUOTE=rbaker]In what areas of human endeavor do we find a majority of women?

Medicine and teaching. US medical schools have more women enrolled than men, and I believe that law schools are about 50/50. I don't know this for a fact, but I would be willing to bet that Fulbright scholars, as well as Rhodes, are now--meaning the last couple decades--fairly evenly divided. So if you insist on looking at this type of data, you need to ask yourself, do I rest on my laurels (the past) or do I look at trends?

What is the predominant sex of winners of the Nobel Prizes, Pulitzer Prizes or Fullbright Scholorships? How many major business enterprises have been started or are now led by women. How do women fare in the political or diplomatic arena?

Women are beginning to make inroads in the arenas of politics and diplomacy. The main problem we have in the US is not what gender is doing what, it's that far too few kids--male or female--are going into science and engineering.

I rest my case.

QUOTE]

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Chm2023 said:

“Medicine and teaching. US medical schools have more women enrolled than men, and I believe that law schools are about 50/50. I don't know this for a fact, but I would be willing to bet that Fulbright scholars, as well as Rhodes, are now--meaning the last couple decades--fairly evenly divided.”

Yes, the admission of women, and I might add racial minorities to colleges and universities has increased through the adoption of “Equal Opportunity” legislation in the US. In fact, sex and race are the primary consideration to your admission to medical and law school these days. Teaching, particularly primary grades and to a lesser extent secondary grades has always been the situation here in the US. As to scholarship aid, whether based on need or academic excellence we do see a 50/50 ratio since it is mandated by law.

Here are some statistics. There have been 776 Nobel Prizes awarded to date. Only 33 have been to women. All winners of the Miss America Contest have been women. A woman has never won the Heisman Trophy.

“The main problem we have in the US is not what gender is doing what, it's that far too few kids--male or female--are going into science and engineering.”

I am in 100% agreement here. Our public schools deteriorating into custodial institutions of social experiment, all the while demanding more and more taxpayer money to produce a dumber and dumber student. Unless we can achieve academic excellence in the USA our discussion will not be about which sex is the smartest it will be about which country is the smartest, China or India.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Chm2023 said:

In fact, sex and race are the primary consideration to your admission to medical and law school these days.
    What is the source of this? My husband sits on the admissions board for a large US medical school and he would not agree. The primary considerations are MCAT and GPA/science course GPA--if you want to check this out, go online and there are several sites where you can view the actual credentials of incoming students to each med school in the US.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    I think we have an answer: "Who are MORE intelligent, men or women?"

Thread Information