Thread: Rolling Stones Bigger Bang 2005 Tour

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Rolling Stones Bigger Bang 2005 Tour

I saw them in Tampa last night....They are still the Greatest Rock-N-Roll Band on Earth. What a show. You can see they are having fun doing their gig, like a high school garage band with nothing to lose. At $45 a tee shirt, you can say they have it made!

It was the first time I ever saw them in an arena setting but was not disappointed at all.

They mixed 4 or 5 cuts from the new cd in with their classics. These new cuts like Rough Justice are so much better live than the studio version. It fits in with an old interview Keith Richard gave where he said all of their music is written with the intention of playing it live and for any kid with a guitar to cover it with a little practice.

They did a tribute to Ray Charles (Night Time is the Right Time) as Lisa Fischer (the long time back up singer, they should pay her as part of the band) brought the house down when she came up front with Mick to share the vocals. They did some country (Dead Flowers), blues (Back of My Hand)and disco (Miss You) along with their standards. They played one old studio rocker I never heard live before..She's so Cold.

The press and radio made sport of them, but this morning they are all raving how it was best rock show in Tampa...well since the last time they toured.
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was at the Forum last night,too. What a blast. The last time I saw the Stones was at the Tower in Upper Darby in the early '70's.

The seats were ok (in the press box), but they came with dinner and drinks.

I'll pass on Neil Diamond tonight, though!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    We were in 208, right above goal. Good seats that got much better when center stage slid out and across the arena!

In '89 at Cleveland Stadium we had 8th row just left of center seats for the Steel Wheels tour. We were so close that I had a burn on the side of my face from the flash pots that went off during the opening riffs of Start Me Up as they came on stage. I did not feel it until the next morning..looked like I went fishing without any sun block.
    Can you believe those seats were something like $40 each...last night floor seats were going for $500.
    Jim Schafer

Paul Brown

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I saw them in DC back on the 3rd. My eldest daughter and I always go together. This year was our third since '98 and it was a blast. BTW, scalpers were getting $8000+ for front row floor seats...no sh**! Haven't seen that many limos downtown since the last election.

Bad address email on file Lynne's Avatar

Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schafer
    I saw them in Tampa last night....They are still the Greatest Rock-N-Roll Band on Earth. What a show. You can see they are having fun doing their gig, like a high school garage band with nothing to lose. At $45 a tee shirt, you can say they have it made!

It was the first time I ever saw them in an arena setting but was not disappointed at all.

They mixed 4 or 5 cuts from the new cd in with their classics. These new cuts like Rough Justice are so much better live than the studio version. It fits in with an old interview Keith Richard gave where he said all of their music is written with the intention of playing it live and for any kid with a guitar to cover it with a little practice.

They did a tribute to Ray Charles (Night Time is the Right Time) as Lisa Fischer (the long time back up singer, they should pay her as part of the band) brought the house down when she came up front with Mick to share the vocals. They did some country (Dead Flowers), blues (Back of My Hand)and disco (Miss You) along with their standards. They played one old studio rocker I never heard live before..She's so Cold.

The press and radio made sport of them, but this morning they are all raving how it was best rock show in Tampa...well since the last time they toured.
    You're SO lucky!! Wish I could've been there! Oh well, make do with the Golden Oldies radio stations!! :)

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    From Judy...BTW, scalpers were getting $8000+ for front row floor seats...no sh**! Haven't seen that many limos downtown since the last election.
    Talk about excess and decadeness!
    Jim Schafer

Paul Brown

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My Press Box seats with buffet dinner and drinks cost $150.00 a piece.

Sometimes it's a good thing to be a season ticket holder!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Thread Information