Thread: Something May Stink In Massachusetts

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper Something May Stink In Massachusetts

It May Be Here In Mass That There Are Not Enough Licensed Opticians To Man [or Woman ]all The Optical Establishments In The State...... Most Of The Chains Are Open 7 Days And Nights..........try To Estimate How Many Hmo's...pearls, Targets, Sears Optical, Fore Eyes, Cambridge Eye,lenscrafters,cosco's, Bj,s All The Independants,etc. I Have Just Heard A Figure That There Are 1700 Licensed Opticians In The State....... I Wonder Out Of These 1700 , How Many Are Actually Working....... Opticians Go Into Other Ocupations, Retire, Are Disabled,living Or Working Out Of State, Have Children , Etc.,,,,,but Still Have Active Licenses,,,,,,,,would welcome Anyones Thought On This.....it Could Be Something Is Out Of Whack And Should Be Addressed.....

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Okay, no offense, but this is like your 6th or 7th thread about this. It is disgusting, I agree with you on that, but we have gotten your point.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    Okay, no offense, but this is like your 6th or 7th thread about this. It is disgusting, I agree with you on that, but we have gotten your point.
    i am sure you would have a different opinion if you worked in massachusetts,,,,,,,

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Oh, I would probably feel robbed and in a corner. I agree with you on that. But what is the point in making 6 or 7 threads about it?

Bad address email on file finklstiltskin's Avatar
    lmao

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Sixlucky

The Opticians Association of Massachusetts annual meeting is November 6th in Westboro Ma.

That is a good place to start.

PS I have about 20 customers looking for Opticians right now. We are on a major Opticains shortage in the state right now!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

what type of cutomers are lokking for opticians,,,,chains, independents, od,s,,,,,,,,,,what are they doing to fill the void

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by sixlucky
    what type of cutomers are lokking for opticians,,,,chains, independents, od,s,,,,,,,,,,what are they doing to fill the void
    All of the above!

and

Sweating

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's never going to be a perfect world. We just have to deal with it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    be a consumate proffessional - you will stand out from the crowd, and get loyal patients

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper why are they sweating

what are they sweating about,,,,,running unlicensed practices

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

The Licensed Professional Should Be Running The Optical Business,,,,not Disonest People,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Like Mikef said, go to the meeting in November and let your voice be heard.

Occupation

Tired of Hearing about it!

We all get your point. Like For-Life said I think most of us got it in one of the first 6-7 posts. I work and live in one of the worst states as far as pay goes for opticians and is an unlicensed state and probably always will be, you don't hear me complaining if I was unhappy with pay or something else going on in the industry in my state I do something about it to fix it or else I'd get out and move on!! I don't know what you want an international Internet board to do about this. If you’re this upset do something about it. Go to the meeting and address your concerns this is why there are associations and annual meeting etc... Follow the correct avenues and if nothing is still done then you need to drop it and move on. Open your own store or move to another state, anything but I for one am tired of hearing about it. You provide no direct proof just rhetoric and guesses, and if you have direct proof there should be no reason that the board or association would ignore you. Go about this through the proper channels to get it resolved!

Capital Punishment

I admire your persistence on this issue. Keep fighting until something is done about it. The tide will be against you, but it's possible.

By the way, I was just wondering Why You Capitalized Every Word In Your Post Above? It Doesn't Make Sense, It's A Little Distracting, But Most Of All Isn't It Hard To Type This Way?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper board members

mAYBE THE BOARD MEMBERS ARE DOING THE SAME THING,,,,,sallaries in mass run frpm 45 k to 75k,,,,,,,it doesn make sense to run a office or offices 7 days and nights by the chains and be able to make a profit,,,,i know of a board member that is running 2 locations , with him being the only licensed person,,,i called there today,,,,GOVERNMENT AND BOARD MEMBERS CAN BE CORRUPT TOO, DONT BE NIEVE,,,,,,,call aroud your area, ask questions,VERY EASY TO FIND VIOLATIONS ON SUNDAYS,,,,ALL Mass OPTICIANS ARE SITTING IN THE CAT BIRD SEAT,,,,,,do a little homework then send in complaints to the state ,,,,,

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    AlriGHty THEn!!!! LeT'S aLL STArt DIaling the phonEs anD puT THOSe DARned chain StoRes out of businEss oncE aNd for ALL !!

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sixlucky- I have taken the liberty of investigating your unsubstantiated claims, to see if the board had been made aware of them. They were familiar with your complaints, and they have been investigated which, by this point you are aware. If you would care to share what you have been told by the board, I would be interested to hear it in this thread.I am reasonably sure they told you something at last Wednesday's meeting. I would rather hear that than the innuendo which appears above.You imply the board is corrupt with the following statement;"i know of a board member that is running 2 locations , with him being the only licensed person,,,i called there today,,,,GOVERNMENT AND BOARD MEMBERS CAN BE CORRUPT TOO, DONT BE NIEVE,"

The only board member I know with 2 shops has a partner and I know they are both licensed. I resent the shabby manner by which you portray board members who devote a lot of time on behalf of your profession in order to maintain high standards and for no compensation other than to read how little you think of them. I ask you sir, Have you no shame?

If you do not care to share what they told you, and if I can obtain the board's permission, I will be glad to enlighten the readers of this thread with the results of the investigation launched against your competitors, by your complaint.

You are correct Six Lucky- SOMETHING DOES STINK IN MASSACHUSETTS.....but it isn't what you were complaining about.
    Last edited by hcjilson; 10-09-2005 at 09:56 PM.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper meet for coffee

I would be happy to meet with you and anyone else for coffee to discuss the issue.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is really nothing to discuss. When the board gives you an answer you don't want to hear, you claim the board may be corrupt.I categorically deny that claim. If you make a statement like that in a public forum, and it proves not to be the case,you should retract it, not offer to discuss it over coffee.Unfortunately the people to whom you made that statement will not be in a position to have coffee with you-if you make a claim in public you should be prepared to defend it in public. and not with unsubstantiated claims, but with the facts. I repeat my question. What have you been told by the board?
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation

After a thorough review of your question ...

Quote Originally Posted by sixlucky
    Something may stink in Massachusetts ...
    I'm not sure, since I'm way out here on the West Coast, but offhand I'd say it's probably the Red Sox!

rinselberg™ - good posts for your good times
    http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...3&postcount=16
    Last edited by rinselberg; 10-10-2005 at 09:59 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hee hee. Good one Rinselberg!!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper harry

you could easily go into a few shops and investigate yourself.

Thread Information