Thread: Frame Types Sold in US

Bad address email on file

Frame Types Sold in US

Does anyone know (approximately) what percent of the eyewear sold in the US is - Rimless (w/ holes/slots), Grooves, Zyl (all plastic types), and metals (full rim)? Just a reasonable educated guess would be good enough. Doing a study on the mix for '05.

Thanks all.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Ask frame companies.........................

[QUOTE=Magician]
    Does anyone know (approximately) what percent of the eyewear sold in the US is - Rimless (w/ holes/slots), Grooves, Zyl (all plastic types), and metals (full rim)? Just a reasonable educated guess would be good enough. Doing a study on the mix for '05.
    QUOTE]

I would suggest you ask the frame companies which can give you much more accurate result than you will get here.

You can find them just about all of them, on my listing at http://optochemicals.com/web_ratings.htm

Why thank you Chris... your response was very helpful. Now if I just had several weeks of spare time to call all those vendors, I'd have it made. But since you doubt that anyone can provide "reasonable" data here, perhaps I have no other option.

Personally, I thought it was a fairly simple request. Most of the fine people on this board work retail - I assumed they might have a general idea what they sold, and could provide feedback. You know, something like "about 30% of our sales are in Rimless" or "we sell very few plastic (zyl) frames", etc.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    While certainly we can give you an idea of our individual practice's sales, most will be skewed based up their given local or specialization.

It one does a high insurance based work, then you won't see too many people go for the drill mounts as either they cost more than their benefits allow, or they are require too much maintenance for someone to think they'll last the full two years till their eligible again.

If someone is a boutique, then they'll probably see a lot more drill mounts being sold since they are considered elegant, sophisticated, and the delicate appeal is a plus.

I doubt if you would get a valid sample to be able to come up with a cross section due to limited number of responses you would get etc..

Try looking at Jobson's publishing group. They are the ones who put out 20/20 mag and the like, and they probably have already done your leg work, if you search their site.

Cassandra
    http://www.2020mag.com/
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

0% rimless
    33% semi-rimless
    33% plastic
    33% metal

Thread Information