Thread: Question on Edging/Tracings

Bad address email on file

Confused Question on Edging/Tracings

I was just referred her by a fellow optician and it is amazing. Great resource. So I figured what better place for me to ask a question that our practice's lab has been working on. I work in the lab for a multi-location optical. We are looking at software that would allow us to save tracings and info on the jobs we do before we send them to one of our shops. We really just want to be able to pull up the tracing if there is a warranty etc... and edge the lenses without having to trace the frame again. We are running Kappa systems right now. I guess the biggest concern is price. The owner doesn't want to spend much and also wants a very simple way to do this. Can anyone out there give me any suggestions as to what we would need to do to hook out Kappa System up to the computer(s) in order to save tracings and if specific software is required and what a good inexpensive software is? Thanks in advance for any help!!!:)

(I should also mention we only do finishing. This has been the problem as most software is expensive because it includes surfacing calc. etc... We just need basic storage and retrieval of tracings for the edger)
    Last edited by gwen22; 09-23-2005 at 12:33 AM.

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Edging and tracing software

This is a very simple program by AIT. I don't think the software is very expensive and it does not have calculation software included.

http://www.aitindustries.com/product...Remote+Tracing

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by gwen22
    I was just referred her by a fellow optician and it is amazing. Great resource. So I figured what better place for me to ask a question that our practice's lab has been working on. I work in the lab for a multi-location optical. We are looking at software that would allow us to save tracings and info on the jobs we do before we send them to one of our shops. We really just want to be able to pull up the tracing if there is a warranty etc... and edge the lenses without having to trace the frame again. We are running Kappa systems right now. I guess the biggest concern is price. The owner doesn't want to spend much and also wants a very simple way to do this. Can anyone out there give me any suggestions as to what we would need to do to hook out Kappa System up to the computer(s) in order to save tracings and if specific software is required and what a good inexpensive software is? Thanks in advance for any help!!!:)

(I should also mention we only do finishing. This has been the problem as most software is expensive because it includes surfacing calc. etc... We just need basic storage and retrieval of tracings for the edger)
    Ask your friendly Gerber Coburn rep about Innovations Edge; it does what you describe, as well as serve as a receiver for remote orders & tracings. And I, for one, am shocked by the low price. We must be crazy...

Thread Information