Thread: New Optician Information Management (O.I.M.) Standard Software - Product Release

OptiBoard Novice

New Optician Information Management (O.I.M.) Standard Software - Product Release

Optician Information Management (O.I.M.) is a Microsoft® Office add-in that allows professionals in the optics field to organize, schedule, and analyze patient information within a Windows environment they are already accustomed to. O.I.M. transforms your MS Outlook into a complete optician patient manager by adding custom forms and toolbars to your existing Outlook folders The standard version allows an opticians to view patient information easily and effectively. O.I.M. Standard Version is a complete solution allowing you to run and organize your practice with 10 built-in reports, including monthly recall, no-show, diabetic, balance overdue, and more. A recall system is incorporated into O.I.M. so you can restore lost revenue and promote your business. All patient information and appointments is backed up on an MS Access database.

Screenshot: http://www.abistech.com/images/OIMscreenshots.jpg
    FREE 15-day Trial: www.abistech.com
    Price: $49.99 USD

NOTE: Please contact ABIS Inc. at above website for more information. I am just a software reseller. Thank you.

Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Had a look at the 15 day trial, OIM didn't seem to work very well. PIM didn't work at all. Wasn't overley impressed.

Lewy

OptiBoard Novice
    reply to Lewy
    What seemed to be the problem? Any error messages? Did you contact the developer?

Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Problem with OIM was that the trial version seemed to be feature limited, many fields couldn't be populated. Name details on basic entry were full name in one field yet report seemed to want to search on Lastname. there were no error messages. Also you can only use one program at any one time. I had loaded OIM on to the system, then installed PIM this locked up Outlook completely. Have since removed OIM but PIM doesn't work at all. I shall try PIM on another PC just to make sure. I haven't contacted then developer yet.

Lewy

OptiBoard Novice
    Yes, the trial version is feature limited.. Some of the fields are locked as stated in the program. Full version unlocks these fields. As for the searching by last name......i think.... you were using the Patient Finder button, you can change the search criteria by selecting First name, address, in the drop down box. Use the help file to see what the application is capable of.

OptiBoard Novice
    I installed both at the same time, and both seemed to work without a problem.

Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Guess it must be me!! I will try again later though and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Lewy

Thread Information