Thread: New clip-ons/camera cell phone gizmo?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist

New clip-ons/camera cell phone gizmo?

Has anyone seen the new clip-on fitting system that comes with a bracket and a camera cell phone that takes a pattern shot of the frames? Apparently you can use their cell phone camera to take a shot of the existing frames which is instantly transmitted to the company. They then send you a "perfectly fitting" clip on. Sounds like a good idea except that the clip on cost is expensive. Approximately twice the cost of other solutions as far as I can tell.

Anyone have experience with other clip on fitting systems? I noticed one advertised on the Hilco site which sounds interesting.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Just Match-it Sun Clips

Dear Ilanh:

My name is Brian Conrey and i am the creator of the Just Match-it sun clip system. We have 96 different shapes of sun clips to fit all kinds of frames and we have the best displays in the industry. We have distributors all over the country. Please take a look at our website. www.justmatchit.com

Or stop by our booth at Vision Expo West #16109

Best Regards,

Brian
    brian@iconceptsoptical.com

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Clip on systems

I have used the Hilco systems and they work really well. One is a book which works the best. The other one is an empty chasis system. It gets tangled up a bit though. I prefer the book. Hilco also has a new rimless clip that is awesome. It's the best quality lens in any clip on I have seen and it has no top bar...which looks great on female frames.

However, I am also looking for more information on the cell phone systems. Since upgrading to the Hilco rimless clips, I am looking for a better custom clip program to offer. Anyone out there have any first hand information on the 1-800 clip on system? I know what the company states...I would like to know if it works from someone who actually uses it.

Thanks,

Rick

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanh
    Has anyone seen the new clip-on fitting system that comes with a bracket and a camera cell phone that takes a pattern shot of the frames? Apparently you can use their cell phone camera to take a shot of the existing frames which is instantly transmitted to the company. They then send you a "perfectly fitting" clip on. Sounds like a good idea except that the clip on cost is expensive. Approximately twice the cost of other solutions as far as I can tell.

Anyone have experience with other clip on fitting systems? I noticed one advertised on the Hilco site which sounds interesting.
    I am a big fan of the E Clips Custom Clip-Ons and have used them since the late 90's. I saw the new phone clip on fitting system at Expo and IMHO they look junky. E Clips are made of Flexon which makes them pretty darn flexible and the choice of lenses are quite nice as well. Again, I am a huge fan of the E Clips product so that is just my 2 cents..

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

We ordered a couple. . .

The company is called 1-800-CLIP-ONS out of Boca Raton. The web address is www.1800clipons.com . Anything has to be better than dealing with the Clip House. The selling point for us was the price point and the fact that you can actually have your clip in 3 days without having to order another frame send it in and hope that someone might actually call you if the job goes south.

I liked that the people are actually lab rats and proud of it! I hope you're having fun and making money!!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Their clip ons are very expensive. I could buy a new cell phone for every 2 clip ons I order with them. I will look at other alternatives.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We have some of the Just Match It clips on display. They work for some of the more standard frame shapes and sizes. They are also inexpensive.

For a custom made clip, both of our labs will make "phantom" clips. I don't recall what our costs are right now, but I know we sell them for $70.
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    1800 clip ons

We have the system and it works great:) I am curious though what do you consider expensive? I thought for custom work and a great staff if was well worth the price.

Christina

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We use Oko Custom Clips, which are really beautiful.

In the past, I've used E-Clips, and Oko's stuff looks much better in comparison. Slightly more expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Bad address email on file finklstiltskin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanh

We just signed-up and should be getting our Clip Station soon. The price point is incredibly inexpensive compared with the alternatives and they have 6 different lens color choices and 6 different frame-metal choices (colors, that is). We're really excited about it. I'll let you know more when we start selling clips.

Bad address email on file
    Hey Brian, isnt your company the one that sells your clips directly too the publlic for $20?

Quote Originally Posted by pga0008
    Dear Ilanh:

My name is Brian Conrey and i am the creator of the Just Match-it sun clip system. We have 96 different shapes of sun clips to fit all kinds of frames and we have the best displays in the industry. We have distributors all over the country. Please take a look at our website. www.justmatchit.com

Or stop by our booth at Vision Expo West #16109

Best Regards,

Brian
    brian@iconceptsoptical.com

Thread Information